nargse1

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was leant one from a local tackle store to try on kings, unfortunately mid winter when there were no kings about, anyway tried it on a few other things before the store asked for it back!!!

To me it was ok but I never bought one as Im more than happy with the gear I already have. Theres a few of similar types rods now on the market if you want one that doesn't look like a K-mart kids rod!!!

Heres my daughter with one we played with.

Jon

Edited by JonD

To me it was ok but I never bought one as Im more than happy with the gear I already have. Theres a few of similar types rods now on the market if you want one that doesn't look like a K-mart kids rod!!!

Jon

Jon, it looks like you have not seen yet gomoku t-shirts :074: .

I've used mine for throwing a halco twisty around, it's not going to explode on you but it's really not built for any kind of distance.

As for bait fishing, I bottom bash for flathead with it :P

No doubt there's better gear but I've found it works well and is still quite sensitive to flathead taps

They are incredibly powerful rods.
There is a video on you tube of pe 1-3 rod lifting 15kg of dumb bells.

They can be used for bait. Especially bottom bashing.

The only complain i have is the top guide is to small when connecting braid too leader directly and the knot gets stuck.

They are incredibly powerful rods.

There is a video on you tube of pe 1-3 rod lifting 15kg of dumb bells.

They can be used for bait. Especially bottom bashing.

The only complain i have is the top guide is to small when connecting braid too leader directly and the knot gets stuck.

Use an FJ Knot.

• 2 months later...
48 minutes ago, antonywardle said:

anyone got any update on the long term use of the rods?

A local shop has them on sale atm, and I was thinking that a blue one migh look

good in boat with an LT40/60 reel

Like anything if you look after it and wash it down it should last years, most of the components are made from longer lasting materials than rods of old.

I use a solution of saltaway on all my gear including my boat and engine. If you really want something to stay as new use a uv protector spray too, but lets face it they are cheap and not what you might call an investment.

Im seeing plenty on boats this season being used by the kingfish chasers around Montague island.

jon

Edited by JonD

• 2 weeks later...

Getting the dust off this thread.

Heading out this weekend targetting some kingies and other pelagics near south west rocks.

Thinking about pairing one of these with my abu garcia promax60. Would u reccomend? Mainly using with jigs and stickbaits. Hows the casting even though there pretty short

I use it to cast at the break wall from the boat and jig plastics or micro jigs back. You don't need to cast far for Kings as usually no problem getting your boat right above them. Caught many Kings directly below the boat. The action they put on the plastic is deadly. 

On 1/27/2017 at 7:17 AM, antonywardle said:

What reel are you using on this?

Still haven't bought one yet for my blue rod. I put a small 4000 on it

because I have one lying around

I used a Ci4 4000 for a while but recently went to th enew FJ Stradic 5000. Big handle, solid reel and feels nicer to jig with. Price checked websites and took price to BCF to match.