Quick sesh after work at Wollstoncraft

Grantmac

Hi all, first post here. Not sure if I am in the right section.

Went down to Berry Island Reserve this evening and had a bit of a flick with some surface lures in the shallows near the rocks. Only there for an hour a got 2 bream, one at 30cm, a just legal chopper Taylor and my first ever EP around 36cm. I was so surprised to get one around the rocks in Sydney Harbour. Sorry no picks as it was showering and dark.

First fish ever caught on surface lures. One Sugarpencil and a small popper. So much fun, I think I will have to head back again tomorrow.

I've fished down there a few times many years ago - but rarely caught much ...... back then I didn't have the patience!! Balls Head & Berry Island would be fairly 'unfished' most of the time, so if you 'crack the pattern' all the better!!

Cheers & well done

Roberta

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for your replies. So a bit of an update....

Been continuing to fish after work and trying the different tides and conditions. Found the incoming tide on dusk is the best. Been getting whiting, tailor and a couple of pbs. Firstly, a 55cm flathead and tonight a 51 cm salmon both on bream gear and a nice pink prawn plastic in unweighted which was a great but of fun.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image