Soft Plastic Fishing

wrek3000

Cool, ill start a new thread. Apologies for the hijack, my bad.

Wrek3000, head to brays bay. Is not to fat from IC. Ive been there the times and caught 3 plus fish each time, over a couple of hours of fishing. Easiest spot to fish, truely. Snag free, in a grassy park, comfortable seating even! I would suggest fishing the three hours following high tide. It peaks about an hour after high tide.

I've had more luck fishing the mangroves on the far left, and in front of the storm water drain that is to the left of the centre. You'll see what I'm talking about if you go. If you are going to drag a heavy sp along the bottom like me, DO NOT fish the beachy spot to the left of the mangrove or the far right area. I would recommend the spot though, if I can catch a fish on sp there, then im sure any one could do it!!!

Cheers boys

Just fish of the wall at the park. No need to get down on the flats as they are almost always submerged. I don't fish the concrete wharf/resturant part because of the snags. I also haven't caught anything round there.

I like fishing between the Mangrove on the left and the drain outlet. Just sit in one place and fan your cast's out over the area. If you are attentive you can see big Wells in the water and even the odd fish swim past. It sounds weird but it's true.

I was using heavy sp's because I don't yet own a proper estuary setup. I used Squidey Pro Range Wriggler in the Slimey (green) colour paired with a 1/4 jighead 3/0 hook.

I did have trouble seeing the hook one some of the bites though, so mabey a smaller hook size. Anyway that's what I did, dont know if it's right or wrong but it worked for me. Good luck!

What sort of plastics and what size jig heads should i use there

Wrek3000, I think you've lost track of your original post. You have been given much info from chelub and jewhunter.

Your rod and reel is fine. The SP's you use need to be between 2-4inch (3in preferable)

Your jig head weight is the matter of debate, however JH has provided you with what you should use. They have provided you with all you need except putting a fish on the hook for you. I suggest you re-read this thread, make some decisions, go fishing for a month and report back. I'm sure we are all curious as to how you went!

Good luck!

Cheers scratchie!!!