OWZAT

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

G`day Fellas ,

To know the weight of this fish , you will have to ask the fella holding it , because as I said in the original post , only he knows.

But ,as I have persuaded him to finally become a member , I`m sure he will spill the beans when I point him to this post.

Mick

G`day Fellas ,

To know the weight of this fish , you will have to ask the fella holding it , because as I said in the original post , only he knows.

But ,as I have persuaded  him to finally  become a member , I`m sure he will spill the beans when I point him to this post.

Mick

64046[/snapback]

Changa, you've obviously never caught a jew. :074:

All the gear,

Before i start, let me ask you?

how many Jews have you weighed on CERTIFIED SCALES?

and

whats your biggest Jew?

My biggest is only 32kg, caught in the hawkesbury. I have caught many jews and was point scorer for our club(based on the hawkesbury) for years. I also am at the scales of the HAWKESBURY CLASSIC where we get many big jews come in.

I have weighed and witnessed HUNDREDS of jews over the years.

I did note that a very good mate of mine that also has caught heaps of Jews, had a similar weight esitmate to me.

so, your turn.

changa

ps. I will admit one thing, pics never do fish justice.

All the gear,

Before i start, let me ask you?

how many Jews have you weighed on CERTIFIED SCALES?

and

whats your biggest Jew?

My biggest is only 32kg, caught in the hawkesbury. I have caught many jews and was point scorer for our club(based on the hawkesbury) for years. I also am at the scales of the HAWKESBURY CLASSIC where we get many big jews come in.

I have weighed and witnessed HUNDREDS of jews over the years.

I did note that a very good mate of mine that also has caught heaps of Jews, had a similar weight esitmate to me.

so, your turn.

changa

ps. I will admit one thing, pics never do fish justice.

64571[/snapback]

SNAP!!!!!!

Changa,

Maybe you should post some photo's of the serious Jews you have caught mate :biggrin2:

We got a healthy looking 20.8kg Jew and it was 134cm

Another healthy looking 15kg jew was 126cm.

Lawrie's fish is a nice Jew but only 118cm. So how big is it?

I don't think Changa is too far off the mark. I can assure you he is alot closer than most but i'm sticking to my original guess of 13.5kg.......only because it was chock full of yakkas :074::074:

Cheers

Red

Darryls certified scales.  I certified that they had lay rusting in the boat for months.  Those berkley type pull down ones.  Biggest problem was the fish was too heavy for me to hold up  :074: .

64584[/snapback]

EXACTLY Pete.

them scales are NEVER accurate and even worse when kept in such tip top condition like darryls :074::074::074:

Still, any Jew bigger than a soapy is good chewin, and a good catch.

Red,

Those that know me know i dont bull@*.

I say it like it is, and yep, it even gets me into strife now and again :1prop::1prop::1prop:

Dont have many jew pics on file here, i will see what i can dig up. :thumbup:

changa

You are right Pete, they are a good indicator.

A scale is a scale and they are all pretty close , its only accuracy that costs the big bucks and when social fishin, who cares.

I release all my marlin without weighing them so its all the same i reckon.

Wether somones Jew is 30kg and i say its 10, or i catch one that i say weighed 20 and you say its 8 dont really matter, they are all good fish and i would NEVER make a bet on weight by lookin at pics but come time in the flesh, and i am usually within a kg or 2.

all Jews are good :yahoo:

changa

Guest Jocool
If ever there is an award for Fishraider Jew Catcher of the Year I would vote that pic of Joe as the trophy emblem.  :074:

It always seems to get pulled out of the moth balls at the right time.  :yahoo:  :biggrin2:

64589[/snapback]

Trophy emblem????

I been called lots of things...but this one is a first! :1happybday:

The one in that last picture you posted is a beast!

64610[/snapback]

G`day Tony ,

There is a long painful story to that last fish Mate.

It went 65 LB , Scaled Gutted and cleaned when weighed the following morning .

The fish was caught on a Flick stick , with a 3/0 suicide hook , and can you believe it , 9LB Mono , and a worm , no longer than a match stick.

Tomorrow I will tell you all the story of that fish fellas , I have finally gotten over it at last.

Mick

Guest bluecod
Coming in late on this one I know. Pictures are deceiving sometimes as that pic Pete posted has the tail of the mulloway bent back, making it look smaller than it was. Actual measurement was 125cm and weighed 17.5kg on the trusty rusty boat scales & the same when checked on the bathroom scales at home.

Good fish for me :thumbup:

64647[/snapback]

Darryl, That's a nice jew in anyone's language :thumbup: - now, had I caught it I would of been writing it up to rival War and Peace :074::074:

Guest Jocool
Comeon Joe,

If there was a SS Fishraider you would be the figurehead!!!  :biggrin2:

64709[/snapback]

Have to be a bloody big ship! :1yikes:

You are spot on there Pete.

One thing a camera does not truly show is its BULK.

Just another reason why fish measuring in comps should not determin weights :1yikes: (thats prolly another thread :1prop: )

I will say it again, any jew is a nice Jew, especially when you start getting them over 15kg...

YUMMO!!!!!!!! :banana:

changa

I will say it again, any jew is a nice Jew, especially when you start getting them over 15kg...

YUMMO!!!!!!!! :banana:

changa

64733[/snapback]

Too right Changa. :thumbup:

It's common knowlege that some fisho's feel the need to add a few kilo's to their catch :biggrin2::thumbdown:

We once caught a real nice red and my mate pulls his super dooper Salter Scales out of his box in a flash. He reckons these scales cost him $100 and therefore are accurate :074: .

Anyways, my reddie pulled his scales down to 9kg :1yikes: which i knew was wrong, but he was adamant his scales don't tell lies :074:

So off we went to weigh the fish on certified scales and the fish weighed 6.4kg........you know where he can stick those $100 scales :074::074::074:

Scales ain't Scales.......lol

PML :074::074::074::074::074::074:

Hey Red, i have some Salter scales, i mightjust start using them.... :074::074:

In all seriousness, Certified scales make a HUGE difference sometimes.

I dont trust them spring scales.

Only scales i have seen that are close to accurate when weighing fish are the digi ones from berkley(like boga grips)

We tested many sets our club purchased against our quality certified scales and they are pretty good. :thumbup:

changa