Land Based Out of Bermagui?

SMn

G'day All,

I'm heading south for Christmas and will be spending a fair whack of time at Bermagui. I'll have a few keen rock fishos with me and while I'm pretty familiar with Morshead Beach, Bermi River and the harbour break wall, I have very little knowledge of any good spots for rock fishing. Personally I'm hoping to spin a few bonito and tailor, but would secretly love to score a kingie. Will be spinning metals, squid skirts, live baiting, soaking pilchards, squid and using beach worms for whiting (beach and river), tailor, bream, trevally, jewies and flathead (beach and river). However I've never targeted bonito or kingfish from the rocks and would love to score some over Christmas. Will be stopping for a night at Jervis Bay on the way home and I know a few spots around there, but most of our time will be spent at Bermi, happy to travel to Narooma or around Tathra as well. I'll have a chat to Scotty at the Bait and Tackle shop while down there but would like to plan a few spots out before we get there. Any advice on safe, easily accessible ledgers and tackle/baits would be greatly appreciated!!!

Cheers,

Phil.

At Bermi , drive up to the headland on the Southern side of the entrance , it's where the boaters park their trailers.

Looking South , there is a beach then a headland. Just off that is a popular spot for boaters to catch livies , this may be worth a try from the rocks.

There is easy access to the rocks from the cliff road , near the water tower but not sure how productive it may be.

Tathra , The whalf is very popular but can become over crouded. Driving out of town turn left into the road to the boat ramp & drive to the lookout at the end. There is easy access to good rock ledges on the Northern side.

Geoff

Been many years since we used to fish the rocks down there but Cuttagee Beach after the rain can be real good where the water runs out of the lake.

Thanks mate will hit Cuttagee up for sure! When I was down last time in July there was good tailor coming in off that beach.

At Bermi , drive up to the headland on the Southern side of the entrance , it's where the boaters park their trailers.

Looking South , there is a beach then a headland. Just off that is a popular spot for boaters to catch livies , this may be worth a try from the rocks.

There is easy access to the rocks from the cliff road , near the water tower but not sure how productive it may be.

Tathra , The whalf is very popular but can become over crouded. Driving out of town turn left into the road to the boat ramp & drive to the lookout at the end. There is easy access to good rock ledges on the Northern side.

Geoff

Cheers Geoff, I know the spot your talking about at Bermi south of the harbour. It makes me think of a few other spots between there and Blue Pool that I've walked past but never fished, I'll definitely try around there. I've fished the warf at Tarthra but as you say gets very busy, I'll give the lookout a crack it sounds promising.

Thanks for the info!

I've fished Cuttagee & found the best time is on a riseing tide late in the afternoon , especially in that last 45 min as the sun is setting.

It's been a few years since I've been there but on the way back , just are your comming into Bermi , there is a Pizza shop on the LH side.

If the same people are still there & your prepared to wait a bit they make the most fantastic Pizza on the coast.

Geoff

I've fished Cuttagee & found the best time is on a riseing tide late in the afternoon , especially in that last 45 min as the sun is setting.

It's been a few years since I've been there but on the way back , just are your comming into Bermi , there is a Pizza shop on the LH side.

If the same people are still there & your prepared to wait a bit they make the most fantastic Pizza on the coast.

Geoff

Yeah that's my favourite time for my local beach as well, all my best catches have come from that time period. Not sure if the pizza shops still there, but sounds awesome after a spell on the rocks, also like the flattie tails and chips from the little fish & chip shop near the harbour (almost as good as self caught! Hahaha).