First fish caught on SP in Kurnell!

Fly45830

What a magnificent way to start summer for a new fisho!

Been about 3 weeks of reading weather charts, techniques, moon phases, endless youtube videos and taking in all the helpful advice from FR all for today. I headed to Kurnell (A spot I had been 4 times ever since I started taking fishing seriously about 2 months ago with no result) and got there at 6 30am knowing high tide was due at 730am. Had a 12ft rd using garlic chicken. Nothing. Had an 8ft using school prawns I bought from the fish markets the day before. Nothing. Had an 8ft rod I was flicking a 70mm Squidgey black and gold SP with. Nothing.

Fishing until about 11am when my friends came to have a bbq and exercise. One of them brought his jet ski. They were all expecting for me to catch something to which I had to reply with a big fat duck egg.

After a tasty BBQ my mate took me on my first jet ski ride which was freaking awesome I usually hate them when I'm fishing but today it was unreal. (We stayed in deep water)

After lunch I knew low tide was due at 1:30pm. Somehow at the picnic table all my friends had left to go swimming leaving just my Ex-girlfriend and I alone... So I did what any decent fisho would do. I said I was going for a walk, quickly picked up my SP stick and went on my way.

Flick, pull pull, reel, wait, pull pull x 10 times.

Flick, pull pull, reel wait, pull suddenly there's a weight the tip is bending. It doesn't feel like seaweed... ZZzzz RIP reel reel reel about 1 metre from the shore I can see a croc. CMON!!! reel an inch in closer. ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzz He's off! I scream "I'm on" to a stranger who is also flicking nearby. OH no you don't! I've been waiting for you! And I land him in about 2 minutes!

Smiling from ear to ear.

I'm no cook but I can use a fry pan. Olive oil, cracked salt and pepper. Some bubble and squeak from Aldi's with some tomato sauce.

I've caught and cooked my own dinner tonight. :)

I love this beautiful country! What a start to summer for me!

post-32249-0-95680000-1385887856_thumb.jpg

post-32249-0-78015800-1385887861_thumb.jpg

Thank you gentlemen!

First of many I hope. And I am addicted for sure. I actually couldn't sleep the night before because I knew I was going fishing. Magical!

This is the hook up. I remember thinking 8lb line... I can just drag it in dno't need a net! post-32249-0-97926400-1386103735_thumb.jpg

Mate, looks like your friends tried to set you up with the Ex Girlfriend....

I would be looking at them VERY suspiciously next time they invite you to a BBQ.

But....

on the plus side, looks like the ex GF brought you luck on the soft plastics.

You may have to drag her around on your fishing trips....

Also you didn't mention if you came back to your BBQ group boasting about your catch....

Did you ?

Or did you do the runner and go home ?

In any case, you are a better man than me because I tried SP fishing and didn't do so well - and went back to bait fishing....

Tony

Edited by Keflapod

Mate, looks like your friends tried to set you up with the Ex Girlfriend....

I would be looking at them VERY suspiciously next time they invite you to a BBQ.

But....

on the plus side, looks like the ex GF brought you luck on the soft plastics.

You may have to drag her around on your fishing trips....

Also you didn't mention if you came back to your BBQ group boasting about your catch....

Did you ?

Or did you do the runner and go home ?

In any case, you are a better man than me because I tried SP fishing and didn't do so well - and went back to bait fishing....

Tony

I don't want to speculate about what my friends may or may not have done in regards to the ex.

Maybe she did bring the luck. Did I mention that she's a vegetarian?

I brought it back to my group who aren't fishos so they didn't really understand the special meaning of my cherry popping experience.