Sign in to follow this  
Hank

Go Pro 3+ for Chrissie present.

I think that my luck has finally changed, came out of hospital last week after a cardiac ablation to stop "heart flutter", all successful so no sweat. Didn't like having to sign a paper stating that I was aware that one of the side effects was that I could die. Now that makes you think.

Anyhow the Boss was so pleased to get me back in one piece she has bought me a Go Pro3+ with accessories for Christmas. I got the extending pole, 2 hour memory card, bar mount and a special hard bag with foam inserts to store it all.

We looked at the Sony unit but came to the conclusion that Go Pro is the gold standard. Even though there were some desirable features on the Sony that are not available on the Go Pro.

Seeing that I am not allowed to use my boat for some time yet. (something to do with having to take it easy for a while) I should be able to get some practise on dry land. As the operating system is Windows 7 Home Premium what would be the best editing programme that I can use for the Go Pro?

Will try to make a dry land video of anchoring from the cockpit using a milk crate to store the anchor rope, a short rope with rubber springer and SS Clip from the bow to the cockpit and anchor retrieval device. I made some pics of that some time ago but a video would be so much better.

Following are some stills of the system.

Cheers

Paikea

Edited by Paikea

Oh man, I'm glad you came back to us! Now you have a new toy, must be like a little child, but take care of that heart!

Thank you Quochuy, your kind thoughts are much appreciated.

Cheers

Paikea

You are in good company here Paikea. Lots of us have crook tickers and many other health issues on here.

Live everyday to its fullest and enjoy Christmas with the family

Thank you Mrs Swordfisherman, and all the best to you and yours for Christmas.

And can anyone assist me by providing details of simple editing software that I can use on my Windows 7 system to edit any Go-Pro videos that I make.

I am of course your typically inept aged user of computer programmes that are different from those in Microsoft Office and Visio, the ones that I have learnt to work with as part of my work. My grandkids live too far away to show me how to programme new systems so I need some guidance as to selecting editing software.

I was hoping that Roberta might help me out, she seems to have the art well and truly covered although her latest posts suggest that she uses Apple not MS.

Help, Anyone?

Cheers

Paikea

Paikea there are several threads in this forum area (The Dark Room) that discuss various software they have used

You could pm those guys/girls and ask them if they have any more info for you - Snag and Plumb have good info therE

I would like some info too. Stewy is about to use his Go Pro equipment for some fishing and I am sure I will need to do the editing.

Cmon folks give us some help :)