seacow

Port Botany on the Troll 22/12

Made the early decision on Sunday to troll Molly Point as there was little surface action that we could find in the Bay. After 2 passes and a big dounut the decision was made to bring in the lures and come up with a new plan.

That's when bringing the last lure to the boat I saw some silver flashes. Kings!!!! Threw in the lure again and this time imparted some more action on it. Bang!!! As I was bringing the first one in my mate throws out another lure and it's hit hard. End up with two in the boat. Under size but sure good fun on light gear.

Sure that there were some bigger kings in the school that would have been keepers. Lots of bait on the sounder too.

Couldn't get anymore to bite after that. Still, first kings of the season in the new boat. Got to be happy.

Saw a couple of other hook ups by people anchored up. Off the water by 10am.

Nice one mate! Good to hear the kings starting to turn up in the bay. Hopefully it'll be an awesome summer of kings.

I should have stayed in the bay....rrrrr decided to do the Harbour instead for zilch on the kings.

Well done mate :)

Would have been interesting to see whether we could have picked up a few more if we had livies or squid. The bait on the sounder that the kings were eating looked quite small.

Nice report mate, interesting how the troll wasn't working.

I was out there at the same time anchored with bait and plastics. Landed a few rats, but biggest was 61cm. Saw a few others caught but all went back in so assuming the vast majority of the school was undersized