100hp yamaha 4stroke to replace 90 hp yamaha 2stroke

matblack

Guest Aussie007

big debate with people from both sides some will say its not worth the upgrade u wont recover the money over the life of the engine others will say go for it

im all for swapping out the old 2 strokes, 4 strokes are the future and they actually hold good resale value, just the initial outlay is costly over a 2 stroke

ive had a 4 stroke on a previous boat and i was extremely happy with the fuel economy i actually went from going CRAP im out of fuel already to wasting half a tank after 3 outings, going from a 50hp 2 stroke to a 25hp 4 stroke big foot and i only lost about 10-12kph top speed by GPS from memory

Edited by gazza

Matblack

I've looked at this a few times (currently have a Yam 90 2 stroke) the 100 4 stroke is heavier, so your hull needs to have plenty of boyancy in the rear . If your doing it for fuel economy don't bother , the Yam 90 2 stroker is pretty economical. Consumption at 4000 rpm is simalar, only improves at WOT. Of course there quieter and cleaner. If the hull can't take wieght comfortably I would have a talk to Huey about a etec which will give you some benefits without he weight.

Guest Aussie007

Im putting it on a 5m Quintrex Freedom sports I thing it should be fine with the extra weight ,Thanks Jim

my mate has the quintrex freedom sport 5.3m lovely riding boat he has the yamaha 115hp 2 stroke on it, i dont think you'll have any problems with it all modern boats can carry a 4 stroke but check your compliance plate for max HP rating i know my mates max HP is what they have on it

that 100hp yammie is a extra 50kg over the 90hp 2 stroke but im sure your boat will piss it in easy done, the 80HP yammie 4 stroke even weighs a whopping 170kg

Guest Aussie007

mat u probably wouldnt need the extra ponies, my mates boat tops out at i think 62kph being a bowrider i dont think its designed for speed so i reckon you'd be comfortable with a light weight 80 on your boat