Last trolling session of 2103, dollies galore.

Scent Blazer Lures

Hey Raiders,

Couldn't resist one last afternoon trolling session for 2013, 30-12-2013. We arrived at Sydney Heads around 3pm. Water was pretty choppy with about 1.5-2 meter swell. Not great, but f*@k it, it wasn’t going to stop us. Water was really blue and around 21.5 degrees about half a mile out from Sydney Heads so put the lures in straight away and started trolling directly east.

Our spread consisted of 6 inch and 8 inch Scent Blazer trolling lures loaded with pilchards inside the bait chamber to give them our trademark fishy taste! In our spread we ran 3 lure chains pretty close together so they look like small bait fish school and not very far behind the boat, around 15-20 meters back.

First hook up on a small Dolphin fish in about 40 meters of water, only about 1 mile east from Sydney Heads. We kept trolling east into 100 meters of water and kept hooking up all the way. There were couple of double headers and one triple header on Dolphin Fish. The fish weren't very big, around 2-3lb average. We kept 2 fish around 5lb which were the biggest of the day

The lure chains we used which consisted of 3 Scent Blazer Nano lures with pilchards loaded inside the bait chamber of the stinger lure. The Dolphin Fish were smashing them, we couldn’t keep them off the lures chains.

An engine died on us on the way back so we limped back at 9 knots, we kept 2 lure chains all the way back and hooked nice sized tailor in Sydney Heads and another smaller one under the Harbour Bridge.

Hope 2013 was good fishing year for everyone and if you would like to try Scent Blazer Lures for yourself you can get a 5 lure rigged pack which is ideal for Dolphin Fish and Small Marlin for only $99.99.

Happy hook ups for 2014 Raiders!

Peter
Scent Blazer Lures

1a_pretty_rough.jpg

Pretty rough, but it wasn’t going stop us!

1b_trolling_lure_chain.jpg

Lure chains, only put bait inside the stinger trolling lure, that’s the one you want the fish to strike, the other lures are there to make it look like a small school of bait fish.

2_double_hook_up_dorado.jpg

Double hook up on El Dorado!

3_two_small_dophin_fish.jpg

Multiple hook ups on Dolphin Fish the order of the day.

4_5lb_dolphin_fish.jpg

5lb Dolphin Fish.

5_whole_pilchards_inside.jpg

Found small whole pilchards inside the stomach of the Dolphin Fish we caught. We cut it up and put it inside the bait chamber of the Scent Blazer lures, can’t match the hatch any better than that.

7_Tailor.jpg

Tailor caught trolling at Sydney Heads.

Hey Mackerel, postage is around $20 for Sydney metro. Yeah if want to come out some time let us know. We usually go out during the week when the conditions are suitable. My boat's at Cabarita, but I can pick up from Lavender Bay or Rushcutters Bay fuel wharf.

Maybe sometime in Feb if thats cool. Most of Jan is pretty busy for me.

Peter

Hey Morwong (Paikea), we have a special sponsors account on Fishraider that we pay an annual fee for which allows us to have banners on the site and place promotional links in our posts.

So we do take advantage of that by explaining the techniques we use using Scent Blazer products to catch our fish and hopefully in that process sell a few a lures via our promotional links.

We are happy to post reports on Fishraider every time we fish and we are honest in our reports, we have even posted on here quite a few times telling fishermen we caught nothing because lets face it that's fishing for you :) Even you have the best techniques and equipment if there are no fish out there, then there is no fish out there. However we feel that information is also useful to fishermen because it tells fishermen where not to fish and try another location because might have a better chance of coming across fish elsewhere.

Hope this explains it, have a good NYE!

Peter :)

Nice fish and pics but you may have broken the rules by advertising your lures in a post. But they sound great, will get some in the new Year.

Cheers

Paikea

As Peter says he is a Site Sponsor and can advertise his product, business etc as many times as he likes

Without our great sponsors we would not be able to run fishraider and would have to close it.

Paikea we do appreciate your attention to detail and if he was not a sponsor we would not allow it of course :) thanks

Hey Mackerel, postage is around $20 for Sydney metro. Yeah if want to come out some time let us know. We usually go out during the week when the conditions are suitable. My boat's at Cabarita, but I can pick up from Lavender Bay or Rushcutters Bay fuel wharf.

Maybe sometime in Feb if thats cool. Most of Jan is pretty busy for me.

Peter

Hey Peter,

I am definitely interested in meeting up for a fish. Cabarita is perfect for me. Let me know when you have space and how many $$ to chip in. Weekdays will require a few days notice if possible. Looking forward to it.

Dave.

Hey Morwong (Paikea), we have a special sponsors account on Fishraider that we pay an annual fee for which allows us to have banners on the site and place promotional links in our posts.

So we do take advantage of that by explaining the techniques we use using Scent Blazer products to catch our fish and hopefully in that process sell a few a lures via our promotional links.

We are happy to post reports on Fishraider every time we fish and we are honest in our reports, we have even posted on here quite a few times telling fishermen we caught nothing because lets face it that's fishing for you :) Even you have the best techniques and equipment if there are no fish out there, then there is no fish out there. However we feel that information is also useful to fishermen because it tells fishermen where not to fish and try another location because might have a better chance of coming across fish elsewhere.

Hope this explains it, have a good NYE!

Peter :)

Oops, sorry I missed the title "Site Sponsor" below your logo.

Being a Site Sponsor and allowed to advertise your goods in the very attractive and honest way that you have is a great idea.

As I mentioned I like the look of your lures and will get some once my boat is fixed.

Happy New Year and hope that you gain lots of sales

Cheers

Paikea