Pejarzzzzz.....

ving

G'day y'all!

I headed out from c/town home base at 7am (thats early for me) to Pejar Dam, the reputed home of "STONKERS!" according to the australian liberal party. I stopped in town (Goulburn) for some quick munchies and was at the dam unpacking the car by 9.15. I retrieved my backpack, net and rod from the back of my car and headed off on what was a bea-utiful. As i departed the car to the waters edge i managed to get a stick caught in my line... Hang on! that twig has a runner on it!

<enter expletives galore>

packed up and headed back into town. i keep telling my friends that no one gets lost any more. its near impossible! so I googled "fishing tackle goulburn" and moments later I had a new shimano rod. :)

I must have just about walked all around the damn dam and my legs are sore. Zero fish, I saw some fry harassing a moth and that was it.

beautiful dam. the water was nice and high and cool to stand in... the dam just needs fish.

(the fish I am told are in the deep water and a yak is the way to go. I used celtas and lil hard bodies all day)

post-31533-0-78791300-1388483959_thumb.jpg

post-31533-0-07442000-1388483964_thumb.jpg

Oh well you had an adventure. ...and a new rod....shoukd have asked the dude in the tackle shop what lures work around the dam. Maybe on sunrise would be a better fishing time......anyways good try better luck next time.

Tight lines!, Shakeel

I fished back in it's glory days and even them it was very hit or miss, if you down there at dusk it's when the locals arrive to have go,there are big trout there just very limited numbers.Most dams I would only cast out a few meters but It's not nearly as deep as it looks off the dam wall as it steps down to a road along the wall, you need to west of the spillway and cast well out if the water warm.

Charles