Garie beach fishing 2014

sambofisherr

Hey guys this is my first post.

Today we headed down to Garie beach got there at about 3pm, started to rig up at the car park and 12 to 17 knot winds were up against us in our faces.

Started fishing at 3:20pm till 7:40pm.

NO BITES AT ALL.

The whole day no bites i think it is starting to get dead around there started to pack up got few nibbles but had to leave other wise we would have been locked in.

I still don't know why they have to close the gates someone tell me thanks !

Also we were using 3/0 sized gang hooks with running ball sinkers and pilchards.

We were down the right side.

Just a tiny bit right to the car park.

Just one thing i could not do was find a gutter at that beach, I don't know how to can someone please tell me ?

Think its time to try out stanwell i think garie is dead now.

Use to catch about 5-6 salmon there.

Is there other spots on that beach ?

Is there any other good beaches that produce good salmon and whiting around Sydney ?

Thanks guys this is my first thread so sorry if it is a bit messed up ahha.

-Sambofisherr

Someone please correct me, but my understanding is Salmon are a cold water fish, up from the Southern States. I have been in a Port Hacking the last couple of weeks, today included, and noted 24+ degrees of water temp.

When we ran from Port Hacking to Sydney Harbour on Boxing Day to view the Sydney to Hobart I noted 22 degree + out the front. I would think we are hitting too warm a current for too many Salmon. Particularly close in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I had a fish off the beach at Garie earlier in the week and didn't get a hit either. Spent more time trying to untangle my lines from all the weed than actually fishing :ranting2:

I think people have better luck fishing off the rock platform on the left of the beach but it gets busy and you need to keep an eye on the waves.

Mate...garie is a very good spot during the colder months for salmon...you can try the rocks on the left side but be very careful...if the swell is over 1m dont bother going there...you better off fishing off rocks during the warmer months...port Kembla/shellharbour r very good spots...goodluck

I think you need to be either 24.564m from the left or 35.321m from the right, depending on the sun or moon reflection and the current, also take into account the wind and the tide...

Left Side, Right Side, Middle Side, Inbetween Side? I think your best bet is to spend some time down there and work it out for yourself mate, you might have just been on the wrong side of the beach at that time, fish don't stop and wait for us, spend enough time at any spot and you'll get the feel for it and where the fish should be! People can give you reports on how they have gone, but they can't put you on the grain of sand to catch a fish, that my friend is what makes fishing fun! And the sense of achievement so much when you get on!

Good luck

When fishing the beaches mate don't restrict your fishing to one part of the beach. You need to keep moving sometimes if you aren't getting any action. Sometimes the fish can be holed up in only one gutter along the beach so if you're getting no bites, move.

if you dont know what a gutter looks like then you dont know what a rip is as well ,, stay out of the water for the time being until you work everything out , not being a smart.... im trying to help you , the beauty of the internet is that you can find out everything and anything that you can think of if you go to the trouble of looking and searching , try searching on google, search for pictures , video, and how to find surf gutters , also read up on rips, read , watch , and learn , and keep on asking questions , and think of it as a very large jigsaw puzzle , the more effort you put into it the clearer the picture will be,