Kioloa ramp pics.

Paikea

Went down to Ulladulla for the weekend to arrange some maintenance on the holiday home.

Went for a drive today down to Bawley Point and had a look at the Kioloa ramp whilst I was in the area.

Good looking ramp and dozen's of boats using it. The fish cleaning tables were kept busy, a great spot for Mums and Dads to take the kids. The beach next to the ramp is vey pretty and should keep the kids busy whilst Dad goes out and catches dinner.

took some pics to show Raiders what it is like.

Also a couple of pics of North Beach at Bawley, a very pretty spot and no-one on it at 11 AM today.

Cheers

Paikea

• 3 weeks later...

Kiola ramp is fine as long as there isn't too much swell! If there is it can be a little difficult for normal passenger vehicles, although the rock wall does give some protection!

Like a lot of ramps, it has a resident population of massive rays!

You are right about the Rays, I have seen some that would be more than 1200 across.

A lot of folk stand in the water and let the rays swim around them. My grandkids even fed them scraps of fish by hand which had the Rays rolling over and gently taking the fish as the kids dropped it in front of them. As they did there "wings" swept against the kids legs causing some squeals from the youngest one.

Makes you wonder how Steve Irwin got killed by one in QLD.

Cheers

Paikea

• 1 month later...

The ramp is good, but unless conditions are light you really need 2 people. One to hold the boat while the other gets the trailer coming in. One to drive the boat when launching. Pulling a boat of even 5m onto the beach is difficult with even a small swell.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey, its busy enough at Christmas as we go every year, awesome spot to camp with the family. Can be a pretty tough ramp at low tide I sunk the missus SUV (bogged in the sand below the concrete ramp). Insurance company wasn't too impressed.

Caught flatties and reds. Didn't really know any spots would like some advise or GPS locations. All the other boats seemed to be going north as there is fishing reserve south of kiola ramp.

Steve

definitely a 4x4 ramp, it is very shallow slope so you need to get your wheels wet, and not good when the water is lumpy. Durras south is similar. much better than it used to be though. gets crowded at timed, there is a ramp at Bawley point but it is definatley 4x4 only but good parking