new to trolling

gday fellas

as title says im new to trolling (and new to site too woo hooo)

ive fished all my life in various forms from land and sea - be it bottom bashing , off the beach , rivers, jetties , lures jigging bait bla bla bla but having recently brougt a bigger boat aluminium 4.8m savage 75hp etek evinrude with all the goodies fish finder etc etc ive been able to get further out through Sydney heads and surrounds and thoroughly enjoying it.

ive taken to trolling and have several tld 20/25s and associated roller tip etc rods fishing 15kg main and 40 kg leader with various home made skirted lures , and brought bibbed rapala divers and some of the better skirted lures in the pakula fluzi and uzis .

I went to Vanuatu for my wedding anniversary and went game fishing and caught a dozen or so mahi mahi up to 20kgs plus tuna wahoo etc and am now massively addicted !!!

ive trolled a few times in the harbour and in and around the immediate heads of Sydney harbour id say out a km or so (not far I know ) but to no prevail

im super keen to learn any of the "tricks " more so the where toos the why nots, have fun and enjoy a beer whilst doing it .

so any advice , tips, links, etc would be great !!!

cheers fellas ;)

if your trolling in the next few months use wire trace about two feet long there are reports off spanyards in close and the wahoo will be on the cards also for marlin you need 6 feet off 150 lb mono leader min i use 400lb mono leader for marlin cheers gary

Thx Gary for the tips ;) would it be an idea to run the heavier leader or wire all the time ??

As above mentioned I normally run 15kg main and 40kg leader with snap swivels etc I've actually doubled this leader over so it would make it 80kg ??

What's your opinion on a 4.8m boat outside the heads or within a km or 2 ? Have had ppl say I'm crazy I think their crazy !!!! All the safety gear even more than required for licensing purposes right tides wind swell etc I'm sweet and have proven it

Cheers

As long as you use general common sense,check all the forecasts and pick the right days you will be ok.

Having said that your not in a very big boat so get confident with what your boat can handle before you go to far out.

A good crew makes a big difference. If your crew are all novices take extra care and stay close.