Dinners Sorted - Morning Whiting and other trips

chewie

I took my Girlfriends nice fishing combo (that i bought her for her birthday) for a quick walk this morning while she was at work.

Managed a nice feed to keep her happy. I've been using black magic kl 1/0 circle hooks recently as i was sick of gut hooking fish and re rigging. They work a treat.

post-17369-0-61617000-1390518874_thumb.jpg

Dinners sorted!

She cant be too annoyed at missing out, She nailed this nice 80cm King the other Sunday after persisting and keeping away from the weekend Floatillas. It went like a rocket and made the reel scream like mad before she landed it. She was very happy indeed upping her PB.

post-17369-0-47332300-1390519358_thumb.jpg

There are fish out there to be caught... I have been trying for my first marlin... I've had the hits, but they haven't stuck! plenty of small Dollies as By-catch and erroll even managed this Sydney Rat Fin - Not bad for Summer!

post-17369-0-00396400-1390519527_thumb.jpg

tight lines!

Mate that's great! i too have just switched to circle hooks for whiting (everything I thought I knew about whiting from when I was a child is being turned on its head these past years with poppers and circle hooks and the like.)

My only question is I have trouble getting my bait to stay on (I use yabbies mainly) - any tips?

Mate that's great! i too have just switched to circle hooks for whiting (everything I thought I knew about whiting from when I was a child is being turned on its head these past years with poppers and circle hooks and the like.)

My only question is I have trouble getting my bait to stay on (I use yabbies mainly) - any tips?

with the whiting, i dont strike when using circles. i watch the tell tale i put on my line then slowly apply pressure till i come up tight. that way the fish has more time to swallow the bait. using soft baits like nippers and worms, a half hitch over the bait and shank of the hook can improve the presentation.

is that a 40cm ruler? If so they are very solid ting mate~!

Also sounds like the mrs is a great catch, wish I was fishing in the same pool 10 years ago, just finished arguing with mine about why i'm not allowed to get out on the water this weekend LOL