Triumph and tragedy!

Scratchie

G'day raiders,

With the strong winds up in the bay the way they are, no chance to get the boat out. So it's off with the yak to try out another spot, the Williams river, clarencetown.

Put in about 9 after picking up my mate and the water was still, well for about 10mins anyway. Managed 1 nice bass before we got blown to smithereens!

post-24974-0-60952600-1391142737_thumb.jpg

Then the plan was to head upstream and use the wind on the way back! Seen some big crap, sorry carp up there but they weren't having the privilege of using my lure. Anyway, on the way back, with conditions against us I managed another nicish fish after many casts! Triumph!

post-24974-0-96106800-1391142888_thumb.jpg

Then the wind died down to create a perfect drift and I got a big hit but didn't manage to land it. Next snag, bang on again! This time got it all on the gopro hence the photo!

post-24974-0-28440100-1391143190_thumb.jpg

Now the tradgic part....... After releasing the fish, I was working my way out of the snags and into clearwater looking for my next snag. I reach behind me, and no rod????

It must have got caught on a branch and went in the water! Bummer.... It was a good rod but nothing I could do about it. Time for ungraded anyway me thinks!

Anyway, all fish released in good condition, most were over 25cm but not real fat.

It was still better fishing than working! :)

Thanks for reading!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Ah too bad about the rod mate but at least you enjoyed your last fish on it :) It's all about the memories.

Definitely beats working, very slow day in the office today, not enough new topics being posted on fishraider LOL

Hot day for it mate, you would have been working hard to get them. The rod loss sucks, I'd be shattered if I lost any of my units... I'd probably spend the rest of the day diving for it hehehe. What are you catching them on?

There was no way I was diving on that snag. And yeah I'm shattered $400 note over the side! :(

Was getting them on a yellow/silver orange belly fatdog38 deep diver!

I have used those and they work a charm on the bass. They are a quality unit. When I went out with Diesel a little while ago we caught quite a few of them on those. I was using the deep divers and Diesel was on the shallow divers. It didn't matter to these bass, we both caught lots of them that day. I am keen to give them a go against bream too.

Excellent effort Scratchie and top report :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about the lost outfit, I would be devastated too. It could have been worse if you lost it at the beginning of the session. As you say it's a good excuse to upgrade but don't tell the Mrs!

Nicely done on the bass and thanks for sharing.

All the best

Ian

Mate, were you born in the year of the snake under a full moon or something? You been having the worse luck this past chinese calander year.

For the record, I was born year of the tiger! Someone else actually said the year of the snake almost finished. Can't wait. The year so far has had it's ups and downs! The bigger the up the bigger the down! Oh well, such is life!

At least the fish are still biting!

Excellent effort Scratchie and top report :thumbup:

Sorry to hear about the lost outfit, I would be devastated too. It could have been worse if you lost it at the beginning of the session. As you say it's a good excuse to upgrade but don't tell the Mrs!

Nicely done on the bass and thanks for sharing.

All the best

Ian

Thanks Ian! Yep, not telling her. I actually won some money on a tip on the horses yesterday. Dont normally bet but I thought bugger it.

Well, now I know why it won! Lol

Ah too bad about the rod mate but at least you enjoyed your last fish on it :) It's all about the memories.

Definitely beats working, very slow day in the office today, not enough new topics being posted on fishraider LOL

cheers linc, sounds likey day was better than yours! The worst bit was there was still some good water to fish!

Ouch Ouch... but at least you caught some good fish Jeff.

Yep 2013 lunar year which just ended (year of the Snake), those who are fan tai sui (which are in direct conflict of the position of the stars relative to Jupiter or something like that which means bad luck etc.) are obviously the Snake and also minor conflict with the Pig, Monkey and ..... *drum roll* Tiger!

But don't worry Jeff, as you know, Chinese New Year is happening and it's now the year of the horse (bass)!

Ouch Ouch... but at least you caught some good fish Jeff.

Yep 2013 lunar year which just ended (year of the Snake), those who are fan tai sui (which are in direct conflict of the position of the stars relative to Jupiter or something like that which means bad luck etc.) are obviously the Snake and also minor conflict with the Pig, Monkey and ..... *drum roll* Tiger!

But don't worry Jeff, as you know, Chinese New Year is happening and it's now the year of the horse (bass)!

Cheers Pete! Been really enjoying my bass fishing until I lost my rod. :( but sometimes shite happens!

Yep, look forward to the new year!

Gong he fat choy!