Where to Install Berley Pot?

Berleyguts

On 3/8/2018 at 4:04 PM, Berleyguts said:

Thanks Rick. I thought of getting a bracket welded on (like for transducer as suggested by @lyons90) but that’s a bit of a hassle towing it to a fabricator when I want to get back on the water ASAP, although it does allow for hassle free repositioning. I think I’ll go the longer bolts. Do you think it’s worth putting in an alloy (or plastic) sleeve? The plastic pot can be removed from the alloy bracket by way of a pin and R clip, so I can just dump the contents on way into ramp.

The next job will probably require a fabricator. I’d like to fit a bait board with rod holders over the outboard.

980283D9-D504-442E-AD38-A5F0130D0A84.jpeg

Hey mate,

If you looking for a bait board that goes over the outboard with rod holders, i cant recommend the one i have more, due to my outboard position when up i had to get one that was removable, i just slide it into rod holders that are fitter to either side of my motor well each time i head out, just remove it when i get back to the ramp before i trailer the boat, it works an absolute treat, is easy to clean and comes out of the way easily, shoot me a pm if you want any more info or the manufacturer

• Like 1

3 hours ago, rozza_b said:

Hey mate,

If you looking for a bait board that goes over the outboard with rod holders, i cant recommend the one i have more, due to my outboard position when up i had to get one that was removable, i just slide it into rod holders that are fitter to either side of my motor well each time i head out, just remove it when i get back to the ramp before i trailer the boat, it works an absolute treat, is easy to clean and comes out of the way easily, shoot me a pm if you want any more info or the manufacturer

Thanks Rozza. That’s sort of the thing I want. Trouble is, I don’t have rod holders either side of the motor well. I think I’m going to have to have something welded on.

11 hours ago, Berleyguts said:

Thanks Rozza. That’s sort of the thing I want. Trouble is, I don’t have rod holders either side of the motor well. I think I’m going to have to have something welded on.

Yeah I didn't have any either I just ordered some with mine when I brought the unit and mounted them myself, it wasn't hard just cut the holes out and bolted them on, do you have flat gunnel either side of your well of just a flat wall ? 

30 minutes ago, rozza_b said:

Yeah I didn't have any either I just ordered some with mine when I brought the unit and mounted them myself, it wasn't hard just cut the holes out and bolted them on, do you have flat gunnel either side of your well of just a flat wall ? 

No, the transom at the top is only about 30mm, unlike the gunwhales. I’ll have to find someone local to fab it. Thx.

• 1 year later...
1 hour ago, tak35bne said:

I was glad I found this topic as I was in the same boat, so to speak, with fitting a berley pot. 

Hope I got it right.

20190710_103838.jpg

That’s looks like it’s in a similar position to mine. Should be OK. Only way to know for sure is get out on the water and test it! My berley doesn’t seem to interfere too much with the sounder readings (especially now that the transducer’s on the bottom of the ocean! 😂)

• Haha 1