Quick Arvo Session @ Wamberal

SMn

Got the opportunity for a quick fish this arvo after a 3 week break due to work commitments. Got down the beach about 4.10pm cast the big rod out with salt pilchard straight away and set in the rod holder. The surf was pretty big, but no wind and not much side current. Set about getting the smaller rod set up with a nice worm bait.

Just as I was about to cast it out, I saw a few bumps on the big rod, so quickly swapped over, set the hooks and a few tingly minutes later had a nice salmon on the beach.

post-24928-0-82875900-1391758305_thumb.jpg

post-24928-0-70459700-1391758413_thumb.jpg

Got him back in the suds quick smart, rigged up with another salted pillie and cast back out. Took up the little rod again and cast that out. 10mins later I notice a bit of attention on the big rod again so swap over, but missed whatever took the pillie. Tried a whole small squid this time and decided to leave the little rod in the holder. Almost as soon as the squid hit the water there was a a great take. After a solid little fight this brilliant bream was on the sand!

post-24928-0-97547100-1391758789_thumb.jpg

post-24928-0-06559800-1391758874_thumb.jpg

Decided to keep the bream for dinner so into the shoulder bag. Another couple of casts with both rods produced another bream around 32cms which I kept as well, didn't take a snap as I was calling it quits and packing up. Left at 6pm to spend some quality time with the better half and the kids. Pretty pleased to score a couple of good fish after a few weeks off the beach.

Best baits were pillies and squid, worm didn't get a touch!

Have a great weekend all!

Cheers.

Can't argue with that catch mate. Bream make for a tasty feed and salmon make for a great fight too. All in all it looks like a good day to be out on the sand. Well done sir.

Luc.

Hahaha thanks mate! Yep can't argue with a couple of breambos and salmon, some good eaters and a great sports fish.

There's something special about catching a few off the beach. Well done on your catch. I haven't been for a while. Might have to get the 4wd out and hit Stockton. Thanks for the inspiration!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks Scratchie. Got a day trip planned for Stockton in a couple of weekends, hopefully there'll be a few fish around.

Nice for a couple of hours

Yep worked out perfectly, had the urge to stay longer but family time and the fact I didn't bring anything to keep the fish cool forced my hand! Hahaha...

Edited by SMn

A good trick to keep the fish cool on the beach...

Go back up the beach a little more and dig a hole and bury it in the cooler wetter sand. Keeps them fresh for hours. It is something I do when walking isolated beaches with some steelies so it keeps them fresh and so I don't have to carry the keepers around. I just bury them, draw a big circle around them and grab them on my way back. All you need to do to get the sand off is take it to the water and give it a little swim before you take them home. ;)

A good trick to keep the fish cool on the beach...

Go back up the beach a little more and dig a hole and bury it in the cooler wetter sand. Keeps them fresh for hours. It is something I do when walking isolated beaches with some steelies so it keeps them fresh and so I don't have to carry the keepers around. I just bury them, draw a big circle around them and grab them on my way back. All you need to do to get the sand off is take it to the water and give it a little swim before you take them home. ;)

Awesome Trout stalker! Thanks mate, I'll be sure be use that next time.

Great work SMn :thumbup:

Good on you for getting out there with work and family commitments and all. Your were rewarded for your efforts and then to be home to enjoy the rest of evening with the family it doesn't get much better :)

Beautifully done sir!

Ian