Blackfish Thai Green Curry

Koalaboi

Best way to eat blackfish IMHO.

Prepare the fish by bleeding out, scaling and gutting. Remove the fillets over the ribs and skin them Cut the boneless skinned fillets into bite sized chunks.

Prepare the paste first.

Green Curry paste: 4 seeded green chillis, half a bunch of coriander leaves, (stems and roots too), 1 small brown onion finely chopped, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, 1 teaspoon galangal root, I teaspoon turmeric, 2 teaspoons cumin powder, 3 teaspoons coriander powder, 1 stem lemongrass, 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind, 1 teaspoon belachan (dried shrimp paste) 1 tablespoon oil. Whizz up in a blender (add water as needed).

Curry Recipe: Add 3 to 4 tablespoons of the green curry paste to a stainless steel saucepan with 1 tin coconut milk. Bring to the boil stirring add bite sized pieces of fish ( about 800gms feeds four easily) and simmer till ready (not too long).

Freeze the remaining curry paste for a super quick meal next time.

5 minutes before serving, add another 1 to 2 finely chopped green chillies, fish sauce to taste and some chopped up basil. Serve with rice and cucumber salad.

Thai cucumber salad : 1 grated cucumber, 1 grated onion, chopped seeded red chilli to taste, lemon juice and fish sauce. Stir to mix thoroughly and serve.

Green chillies vary in their level of spicy heat so check them before you cook. I usually leave out the seeds.

Enjoy.

KB

Edited by Koalaboi

Yummo, you sure can't beat a fresh made curry from scratch, you can't compare it to something from a jar. Looks like you like it hot too! If only I were allowed to cook with so much chilli, the wife and son would have my head if I did :P