Swansea & Lake Macquarie

sam bros

hey raiders

heading to swansea and lake macquarie over the weekend, just would like some info on where to fish and what i can expect to catch

i am going to be fishing land based

i noticed the break wall. is that good for fishing off, and what about the beaches

and are there any jetties or wharfs for bait and squid

any info would be appreciated as i have never fished there before

thanks

Edited by sam bros

yeah the breakwall is good for bream (and apparently some big jew, kings), but ive always found the current moving too fast.

Theres a jetty and a rockwall on the south side - good for whiting (lambton parade)

marks point also has some good spots, but becasue your landbased and a raider ill share my fav spot with you;

http://goo.gl/maps/wrZGh

Rock groynes at the end of naru st

good luck and let us know how u go

• 4 months later...

hey raiders

heading to swansea and lake macquarie over the weekend, just would like some info on where to fish and what i can expect to catch

i am going to be fishing land based

i noticed the break wall. is that good for fishing off, and what about the beaches

and are there any jetties or wharfs for bait and squid

any info would be appreciated as i have never fished there before

thanks

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but wonder if you had any luck?

I'm heading up this weekend to a mate's place at the southern end of the lake, and am keen on getting them all a nice fresh feed.

What sort of species can you find out there. Digging through some old posts (2012) people were saying that they were getting Salmon, are they out there now?

Also, with regards to bait, are there yakkas floating around or would prawns and yabbies be a better bet?

It's full of stinky Salmon, they're everywhere!

Awesome! I'll have to go and pick up a blade or something and catch my first salmon. Winds aren't looking great, but I figure the lake will have lots of places to hide from it.

Mate,don't need blades for Salmon.Park on the Southern side at Reids Reserve car park and walk along the break wall until you reach the point where the bay is{20-30 mtr}Use a light beach rod and smash out chrome slices{I like the ones with the angled hole in them and with the small piece of red plastic on it}Smash it out as far as you can and vary your retrieve.At this time of the year you will get Salmon...I like incoming tide best. Becarefull, if you let it sink to far you will loose it on the bottom.

Regards Stu.

Mate,don't need blades for Salmon.Park on the Southern side at Reids Reserve car park and walk along the break wall until you reach the point where the bay is{20-30 mtr}Use a light beach rod and smash out chrome slices{I like the ones with the angled hole in them and with the small piece of red plastic on it}Smash it out as far as you can and vary your retrieve.At this time of the year you will get Salmon...I like incoming tide best. Becarefull, if you let it sink to far you will loose it on the bottom.

Regards Stu.

With the lures do you go for the ones that have a distinct fishy look, or just any piece of metal?

I'll try and get out there if I decide to go land-based, but I'm going with friends who will prefer to take the boat out, so I'll try and adventure through the lake and look for baitfish.

If they're running in the morning near bar crossing it doesn't matter what you have on the end of your line because they're that thick in numbers you'll foul hook them.

But are there anywhere near as many of them inside the lake, or do I need to go to the beaches on the other side?

Sorry to revive a dead thread, but wonder if you had any luck?

I'm heading up this weekend to a mate's place at the southern end of the lake, and am keen on getting them all a nice fresh feed.

What sort of species can you find out there. Digging through some old posts (2012) people were saying that they were getting Salmon, are they out there now?

Also, with regards to bait, are there yakkas floating around or would prawns and yabbies be a better bet?

no problem at all

sorry for the late reply

happy to share

when i went there it was still summer and we were catching some solid whiting on tube worms

we were casting into the channel from the break wall

but now i have heard heaps of salmon are moving in as catchin jack said

dont neglect the beach as well

find a nice gutter and it should fish well for the salmon

i have also heard of some jewies being caught on live yakka from the breakwall as well

might be a long shot but worth a try if you get your hands on some livies

hope this helps