nz kingies 3/02/2014

alvillanova

And the Snapper are just as prolific and big.

Great place NZ, great scenery, lovely people, but they don't call it the land of the big white cloud for nothing.

Also the cost of going to NZ and fishing is surprisingly reasonable. Should be on everyone's bucket list.

Pic is of my last trip to NZ some years ago.

Cheers

Paikea

I'm there in the first week on March. Taking the stadic loaded with 50 pound braid with me. I have been told to get ready for some big bust offs. Just checking up on knot tying for 100 pound leader!!!

Good luck buddy, organising my next trip over, fishing 3 days, jigging, livebaiting.................

Looks awsome Alberto. I am going in 3 months time. Is 3 days fishing in a row a bit taxing?

To be honest, one day is taxing,we were absolutely knackered, but well and truly worth the effort. we spent more than 6 hrs on the road with little or no sleep the night before.................

Edited by alberto

On my last fishing trip to NZ we brought back one of those styrene boxes full of Snapper. Packed ice around them and sealed the Lid/Box join with heavy tape. No problem.

Need to remember that Aussie quarantine rules require the fish to be gutted and heads left on. otherwise they are confiscated on arrival.

Cheers

Paikea

Brilliant info ! champ thanks. I was thinking how I can import some that I cant eat.

On my last fishing trip to NZ we brought back one of those styrene boxes full of Snapper. Packed ice around them and sealed the Lid/Box join with heavy tape. No problem.

Need to remember that Aussie quarantine rules require the fish to be gutted and heads left on. otherwise they are confiscated on arrival.

Cheers

Paikea

A bit - but it always feels like not enough when that first one hits! We have two boats this time and a few blokes who have never hooked hoodies - I can wait to see that look of panic on their faces when the first one tries to bury its head in the reef

Dave

A bit - but it always feels like not enough when that first one hits! We have two boats this time and a few blokes who have never hooked hoodies - I can wait to see that look of panic on their faces when the first one tries to bury its head in the reef

Dave

This was my first encounter with hoodies, what an absolute blast, i was trembling at the knees pre strike, cant wait to get back there.

Edited by alberto

Just like to mention the guy pictured with the big hoodie is 64 years of age, great effort on his behalf on landing the beast. He actually landed 3 big hoodies that day, all in all 11 big hoodies were landed, his previous best fish was a 6kg snapper,

Edited by alberto

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Mate reporting kingies hitting snapper baits,pillies and bottle squid, fish up to 15kg, most fish busting off, serious fishing at the moment Auckland offshore, Coromandel peninsula. Cant wait to get back over there. Here the stickbait fishing should be picking up as we get into winter. cheers tight lines.

Edited by alberto

Great kingies mate

Would of been a great trip and heaps of fun

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Certainly was a great trip, unforgetable experience, thinking of moving over there, all in due course. NZ is absolutely mind blowing...