Fish fridge life

rockfisherman

If the fish were iced down when caught, a cold fridge, make sure the fillets are dry (wipe with paper towel if need be) place on a plate and cover with plastic film, will be good for mon the bream in particular.

I have dollies in the fridge from wed I'll finish eating them on sun night. They went straight into ice when caught then into the fridge at home.

bruce

Hi Harry I have caught tailor and yes you have to make sure there's no moisture I usually sprinkle a little bit of salt on the fillets put them on a paper towel and glad wrap them in the fridge will last up to 3-4 days mmmmmm yummy

I met a guy a couple of years back down south near Sussex. I was on holidays and we'd meet up each morning at a local creek. After a few days we had developed an easy, no B.S. companionship. He told me that he'd fished the area all his life. He gave me some good tips on flatty fishing which gave me immediate success. I happened to ask him the same question, that is, how long can you keep fish frozen without them "going off". His reply was so long as you kill them quickly and clean and ice them down ASAP, he said he's taken fish out of the freezer after a year (he must catch a lot of fish) and they were as fresh as the day he caught them. We're talking mainly bream and flathead.