SOCIAL - SOFT PLASTICS, LURES AND FLYCASTING TUITION DAY Sun 4th May 2014

mrsswordfisherman

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Scratchie. You've rolled your car!!!

... Steve

Lol.... Don't say that. I'm not home yet. Stopped for a break and had time to put a post while all the family taking a toilet break! (They take forever)

Thanks Stewie ,Donna and all the organisers, and instructors especially ours Trev.

Great to meet fellow raiders.

Pity the wind didn't cooperate. My arch nemesis.

Since we ended a bit early,and wasn't expected home for a couple of hours,

I stopped in a Brays Bay Rhodes for a flick.post-33162-0-94329300-1399184653_thumb.jpg[post-33162-0-44113100-1399184710_thumb.jpg

One on a slow roll and on a short hop .

Topped the day off.

Thanks again.

Ryder

Top day put on by generous and selfless individuals. Stewy and Donna as always, and to the instructors and staff who gave up their time, their families and their Sunday to teach us how to catch more fish and to feed us! And getting nothing in return! Thanks heaps guys, and it was awesome meeting fellow Raiders and putting faces to names! This is why fishraider.com.au is my home page!

Guest hawkesbass

Thanks Stewie ,Donna and all the organisers, and instructors especially ours Trev.

I stopped in a Brays Bay Rhodes for a flick.attachicon.gifimage.jpg[attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Topped the day off.

Thanks again.

Ryder

Nice going ryder good to see you land some flatties for the day

Great day fellow raiders,Good to put some faces to some of them weird & wonderful

site names,hope to catch up again.

I was able to sneak a listen into all of the groups,and I tell you what there was a lot of

knowledge under them red hats,PRICELESS :clapping: .

Regards Deano

Absolutely awesome day. Great to meet so many of you and +1 on faces to names! Thanks so much to the swordies and helpers for putting it all together you guys are legends. I might suck at flycasting so far but was a great experience to hear from some top fishos, was in Andrews (Iceman) group and he is a wealth of knowledge and some great stories. I'm sure the same can be said.of the other instructors, cheers for putting the time in to answer the 38592 questions we had :)

Edit: and I now have an epic fishraider beanie for those brutal mornings to come!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Edited by Witha

Echoing everyone that attended, a massive thank you to those who volunteered their time to organise, teach and feed us today. I learnt a heap, and your support for fellow fishos, beginners, novices and old hands alike, is hugely appreciated.

Great to meet such a friendly bunch of fisher-folks as well.

Hrgh

What a top day! Great to meet faces that were previously only names. The food was sensational. Biggest damned snags I've seen in ages! And all the coffee I could drink (much needed after 2 hrs sleep the previous night). And I learned a few things, too. Thanks Anthony. You've switched me on to translucents.

Thanks Stewey and Donna. Your efforts were much appreciated by everyone. Can't wait till a Botany Bay Social comes around. Hopefully in lighter winds.

I had a great time and I must thank the admin/organisers for the time and effort put into making the day become a success and giving me the opportunity to show my craft.

Once I saw the ample amount of coffee available, I knew a disaster had been averted (@Scratchie, haha). It was good to catch up again Jeff, meet the family and it won't be long till the next adventure begins.

The other demos (Trevor, Andrew and Gibodfisho) were friendly, experienced and knowledgeable and it was great to share experiences.

Regarding my group and also everyone else there on the day, I hope you guys learnt a bunch of new things from the demos and look forward to seeing your future reports. Thanks Shakeel for your kind words and glad to hear and see pics of the trip to and from, of Yarraone and his son.

Thank you so much Donna & Stewy and the Admin Team for organising and carrying out such a successful and memorable day :1clap::clapping::1clap::clapping:

Thanks very much also to the exceptionally talented and generous mentors we had on the day: Andrew, Pete, Trevor & Dave giving up your Sunday to help out so many and congratulations for becoming Gold Members.

Andrew (The Iceman) you were simply amazing the way you generously and patiently shared so much of your skills and knowledge with the group I was in. The stories you told were very entertaining too. I hope I didn't wear you out with all the questions I bombarded you with! Thanks very much Andrew much appreciated indeed and I learnt so much from you and looking forward to putting it all into practice :)

Thanks Deano, Stephen and the BBQ Chefs for preparing delicious bacon & egg rolls and sausage sandwiches for everyone, it was very nice to have hot food and a hot cuppa on a rather coolish windy autumn day :frozen:

Geoff and Lyn thanks very much for the generous gifts you provided on the day. My young boy was over the moon when he received the fishing game from you and I look forward to sitting down with him and the family and playing it!!

Thanks also to the Scratchie Family, Deano and Yarrone for travelling considerable distance to participate on the day.... I hope you all had a safe and pleasant trip home.

The thank you list goes on and on, so anyone else who generously gave up their time to help out in one way or another, your efforts and contributions are very much appreciated by all.

It was great to meet so many Raiders and put names to faces and I must say what I experienced on the day confirmed to me that Fishraider is one big happy family :)

All the Best

Ian

I stopped in a Brays Bay Rhodes for a flick.attachicon.gifimage.jpg[attachicon.gifimage.jpg

Topped the day off.

Thanks again.

Ryder

Great stuff Andrew :thumbup:

It was nice to meet you at the Social yesterday and good on you for getting maximum out of the day and cashing in on some nice fish on the way home.

Keep up the top work!

Ian

Geoff and Lyn thanks very much for the generous gifts you provided on the day. My young boy was over the moon when he received the fishing game from you and I look forward to sitting down with him and the family and playing it!!

You welcome Ian. It's great to see the kids out there enjoying themselves they are our future anglers.

Edited by Dalucius

It was great to put a face to so many raiders. The instructors were very good and I'm sure we all learnt a little something. Thanks stewy and Donna for your wonderful hospitality as usual. :)

My kids had a ball, and thank you lyn for the present for them!

Cheers scratchie!!!

Our pleasure Scratchie. The kids had a fun day and showed a lot of interest and potential as future anglers.

Thanks to Stewy, Donna, the instructors and helpers. Once again you out did yourselves.

Geoff and I enjoyed the day even though it was freezing in the wind.

You can always learn something new no matter how many training days you have been to before.

This sites instructors/members are a wealth of knowledge and they are happy sharing it with you.

Thank you all for your time and knowledge.

Thank you so much Donna & Stewy and the Admin Team for organising and carrying out such a successful and memorable day :1clap:  :clapping:  :1clap::clapping:   

Thanks very much also to the exceptionally talented and generous mentors we had on the day: Andrew, Pete, Trevor & Dave giving up your Sunday to help out so many and congratulations for becoming Gold Members. 

Andrew (The Iceman) you were simply amazing the way you generously and patiently shared so much of your skills and knowledge with the group I was in. The stories you told were very entertaining too. I hope I didn't wear you out with all the questions I bombarded you with! Thanks very much Andrew much appreciated indeed and I learnt so much from you and looking forward to putting it all into practice  :)  

Thanks Deano, Stephen and the BBQ Chefs for preparing delicious bacon & egg rolls and sausage sandwiches for everyone, it was very nice to have hot food and a hot cuppa on a rather coolish windy autumn day :frozen:      

Geoff and Lyn thanks very much for the generous gifts you provided on the day. My young boy was over the moon when he received the fishing game from you and I look forward to sitting down with him and the family and playing it!!  

Thanks also to the Scratchie Family, Deano and Yarrone for travelling considerable distance to participate on the day.... I hope you all had a safe and pleasant trip home.   

The thank you list goes on and on, so anyone else who generously gave up their time to help out in one way or another, your efforts and contributions are very much appreciated by all.  

It was great to meet so many Raiders and put names to faces and I must say what I experienced on the day confirmed to me that Fishraider is one big happy family :)

All the Best

Ian

Was great meeting you mate and awesome seeing the young fella get into it! Loved it when you had to pause and go set him up with a rod because he was itching to fish! Classic!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk