HAIRTAIL SOCIAL 2014

mrsswordfisherman

Hi everyone we are new to the forum so first off we would like to say hi, to you all and we love the info you guys and girls have put together ?

We are based out in Oberon NSW, and we are coming down on the weekend for the hairtail event, we are staying at Patonga, we were wondering about spots and where the mothership will be located? We have never fished in the hawkesbury but we are really looking forward to it, hope to catch up with you lot over the weekend ?

Cheers, James & Leanne[/quote

Pm sent

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are on our way to Brooklyn it is cold and drizzling but clearing up ahead. The traffic is light. It is looking like a cracker weekend.

The mothership will be a great place to stop for a hot cuppa and a chat between 1 and 2 today on our tactics and to register.

Hope to see lots of raiders over

the weekend.

Message to bluefin chasers - tie wet socks on the end of your game rod and see what the bluefin fight like. At least the hairtail have got teeth and give a fight :)

qabaryje.jpg

Look like launching in Parsely bay before midday . still have room for one prefer experienced boatie , will need to bring own food drink and bedding , oh and bait of course !!

pm me if interested!!

Good luck to all Fishraiders spending the weekend on the Hawkesbury for the Hairtail social.

Stay safe, stay warm, have fun and hope that the hairtail have read the script and play ball.

Sorry we cant be with you as thoroughly enjoy this social, but health and recuperation comes first.

Cheers

Cath and Rex

Good luck to all Fishraiders spending the weekend on the Hawkesbury for the Hairtail social.

Stay safe, stay warm, have fun and hope that the hairtail have read the script and play ball.

Sorry we cant be with you as thoroughly enjoy this social, but health and recuperation comes first.

Cheers

Cath and Rex

Miss you too;)

Hope you are not too unwell

Catching this Hairtail has a funny tale attached to it. Once we took the picture I put it in a bucket but, unbeknown to me, the thing was still alive. Next thing it jumped out of the bucket and was slithering along the deck, then, it found the gap which leads to the scuppers and blow me down if it didn't get itself completely down there in a nano second. The next task was trying to work out how to get the stupid, wiggling, snapping thing out of there. So I got a knife and pinned its tail then got my wife to hold the knife. I grabbed the fish pliers and over the next 10 minutes I tried to grab it. Finally I succeeded and pulled it out by the tail. then, my wife drops the knife down the scuppers and we can't see it. So I now have to get in the sub arctic temperature water today and put my hand up into the scupper outlet to grab the knife. Should have stayed in bed!

Seriously, you guys should get out here, the feeling of friendship and the joy of being out with a group of like minded people is terrific.