HAIRTAIL SOCIAL 2014

mrsswordfisherman

HAIRTAIL SOCIAL JULY 25TH TO JULY 27th 2014

THREE DAY EVENT (Friday noon till Sunday noon)
See full details below
Stop Press
The swordies have hired their houseboat, maybe consider getting a group together and hiring one as well

The Social will be held on the waters of the Hawkesbury River (Cowan Creek)

All attendees must sign in with the mothership that will be moored in Jerusalem Bay or Waratah Bay(Cowan Creek) before fishing and be registered as a Fishraider with any guests.

If you intend to fish this social....please post your attendance here

All safe boating requirements will be adhered to as well as a NSW fishing licence

N.B this social is not a catered event but some coffee, provisions or hot water will be available from time to time onboard the mothership

More details to follow

Just to clarify a few things about this year's Hairtail :

1) Its FREE!!! All we ask is that you register before you start fishing

2) The Mothership will be manned and ready from 1PM ( 1300) on Friday until we finish on Sunday Morning 10am ish

3) If you catch a Hairtail in the wee small hours of the morning , stick it in the esky , and show us in the morning ( we need our beauty sleep as well !)

4) Its going to be cold . :frozen: Very bloody cold :frozen: :frozen: , so please carry sufficient dry warm clothing .

5) The Mothership can be contacted on Ch96, it will be monitored as long as we are awake

Please try to get your spot early, the usual haunts fill up pretty quickly, and there will be a lot of boats there

IF ANYONE HAS A SPARE SPOT ON THEIR BOAT PLEASE GRAB A NON- BOATER BY PM AND REPORT TO US

ATTENDEES

HOUSEBOAT...Stewy,Donna,Stephen,Fiona

Scratchie

Oziodin

Trout Stalker

Boattart + ?

Paikea

GH1952

Rodb + 1

Fish311 + some

Darrel and Ifishie

Poly wants a snapper and son

Screaming reel

Devil Ray and Deanfish

The SWEENEY and Team Karma

harold and son

stephanb79

jonnyboy

in rod we trust

cat-as-trophy and Dusty

Raysenior

Dhype

Pete

sydneyfisher12 +thefisherman6784 + dad

Diesel

crazy col + son

tAoE_wolf and Leanne

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just for your information a mate of mine fished last Saturday night up Cowan Creek (yes 14th March) and caught a Hairtail 122cm and he didn't need to freeze to death. He said they actually had a school for them around the boat but just caught the one.

Could I ask where you hire your houseboat from. I might look to get a few mates together and join in.

Edited by boattart

Just for your information a mate of mine fished last Saturday night up Cowan Creek (yes 14th March) and caught a Hairtail 122cm and he didn't need to freeze to death.

But winter is part of the fun and challenge. Besides it gives us an excuse to drink more rum to keep us warm. ;)

Where would be the nearest/best/most secure place to launch my boat when coming from the Shire?

Hoping to make it if I can persuade my crew to come. Will confirm one way or the other later.

Sounds like a great event.

Cheers

Paikea

Where would be the nearest/best/most secure place to launch my boat when coming from the Shire?

Hoping to make it if I can persuade my crew to come. Will confirm one way or the other later.

Sounds like a great event.

Cheers

Paikea

Apple tree bay is probably the most secure as it is in a national park but will incur a fee.

Parsley bay is the other alternative. It is free and well lit, this is the ramp I'll be using!

Cheers scratchie!!!

I'll be there lads, Seen many a hairtail in my time

Woot woot. The jolly rodjer is going to fly higher than ever with you, scratchy and myself on a houseboat hehe. Why can't this come sooner dammit... I am busting at the seams waiting for this.

Donna said you lot can go and moor in Waratah Bay :boot:

Haha, if I remember right though it was you and Trung that were the main cause of the ruckus last time. :P

We had our moments but only with your encouragement hehe. Perhaps you should come with us hehe. Oh goat... imagine that. Waratah bay would never be the same.

Edited by Trout Stalker