HAIRTAIL SOCIAL 2014

mrsswordfisherman

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Where would be the nearest/best/most secure place to launch my boat when coming from the Shire?

Hoping to make it if I can persuade my crew to come. Will confirm one way or the other later.

Sounds like a great event.

Cheers

Paikea

Don't forget that there is a ramp at Akuna Bay which has plenty of parking. You're then only a very, very short distance to Cowan Creek and Jerusalem Bay. There is a $11.00 fee for entering the National Park which includes the parking.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest stephanb79

i would like to come but im new in boating !! long time fishing in other boat but never fished for hairtail and would know where to start ??

would love to give it a go ive got a swag just have to pull up some where for a night .

any tips on what i need and i might give it a go

thanks heaps

Hi Raiders,

You can count me in for this also please.

I too am only new to Hairtail fishing, but looking forward to it anyway.

It'll also be good to put a face to some of these names I see on here regularly.

i would like to come but im new in boating !! long time fishing in other boat but never fished for hairtail and would know where to start ??

would love to give it a go ive got a swag just have to pull up some where for a night .

any tips on what i need and i might give it a go

thanks heaps

The warmest clothing you own will help a lot.

Hi guys. I am not going to be able to make the social this year.. i did have a house boat booked with holidays afloat but I will be cancelling this week so if you were looking for one ring them after friday...

I will make a appearance over the weekend probably on Saturday and Sunday morning hoping to get my first hair tail

Could somebody please PM me what I need to catch hair tail

Cheers sydneyfisher12

Pm sent

I will make a appearance over the weekend probably on Saturday and Sunday morning hoping to get my first hair tail

Could somebody please PM me what I need to catch hair tail

Cheers sydneyfisher12

Check out the Articles on fishraider (up top of forum on the right) - there are heaps of articles there including how to catch hairtail

http://www.fishraider.com.au/fishing-articles/how-to-catch-hairtail.php

Also do a search on hairtail and there you will see plenty to read

• 2 weeks later...

hey raider's

might get in on this social ... can anyone tell me where we can hire a mother ship from and where they are moored ,,,

cheers.

go to Holidays Afloat and Ripples (02) 9985 5555 tell them you are with the fishraider group that hires from them every year

go to Holidays Afloat and Ripples (02) 9985 5555 tell them you are with the fishraider group that hires from them every year

cheers...

been keeping a eye out on these social events ...

sounds like a good weekend of laughs and jokes between the boats ... great stuff.. oh yeah and the fishing :fishing1:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all,

Fishing for Hairtail is the 1st for me, as is this comp and also fishing the hawskebury, which I am really looking forward to. Although, I'm not looking forward to the cold.

Can anyone please offer advice as to how much and what type of baits I should bring for the 3 days and any other pointers you would think might improve my chances for a few productive days?

Thanks and I look forward to meeting as many of you there as I can.