mrsswordfisherman

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ive never fished hairtail before so this sounds like a great way to learn

ill be in it with

the son coming along as well :)

Good on you Col. Watch this space for more details.

Swordie and I will be working on this on the weekend and post an update

Take a look at the how to catch hairtail in our Articles (button at top of forum page) or ue the search function to read all the previous posts.

Seems like I might turn up on Saturday .gunna bring trung and Pete with me .Stewy you gotta show me how to catch a hairtail . Well drop by when we get there .

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Folks the weather looks great for this coming weekend’s hairtail weekend but rest assured it will be veryyyyyy cold at night. Make sure that you bring your winter woollies :frozen: . This is a comp but the main idea is to have fun and meet fellow raiders

A few details are as follows:

• We will be collecting our houseboat and arriving at Jerusalem Bay around lunchtime (12ish) 25th July 2014 and once we are on the mooring feel free to come over. Look for the big fishraider banner on the top deck!
  • As soon as you arrive come to the mothership and register and collect a ticket for all your crew for a lucky door prize or two
  • An info chat will be happening on the top deck of the mothership between 1 and 2 pm on Friday for anyone who wishes to know how to rig up and catch hairtail. You may bring your rods to the mothership to be rigged for you if you need help.
  • The prizes will be given on the 27th July 2014 Sunday morning at the 8am breakfast of bacon and eggs, coffee and tea. If you are not there you miss out!! First placed hairtail for the weekend will get their prize regardless.
  • Fishing starts Friday afternoon and finishes by 8am Sunday
  • Bring hairtail to the mothership for measuring any time before midnight on Fri and Sat nights or after 7am Sat or Sun morning ie: NO MEASURING OF HAIRTAIL BETWEEN MIDNIGHT AND 7AM
  • Bring any other legal fish to the mothership for measuring as well for a shot at a mystery fish prize – all species eligible except catfish and eels (they stink)
  • Mothership can be used to refill your thermos with hot water. You can cook your own food onboard upstairs if needed. Tea and coffee available onboard if you get too cold :) and if the BBQ is on and you ask nicely a sausage sanga might be offered
  • Toilet is available for ladies and kids or number two’s :banana:
  • Channel 96 is radio communication on 27meg or call the number on the card given to you when you register. Anyone who wants our mobile numbers beforehand send us a pm
  • First Aid – come to the mothership we will have basic supplies and mrsswordie is a Registered Nurse
  • Safety – all boating rules and regs must be strictly adhered to including the wearing of lifejackets if you are in a vessel smaller than 4.9 metres and when dark or alone wearing of the lifejacket is mandatory

The list of attendees is updated please let swordie or I know if you are not coming or have added crew. Anyone else who wishes to join us are welcome just post name here.

See you all there :1fishing1::1boat::1gathering:

Stewy and Donna

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the update. I'm looking forward to it and just finished getting the boat ready for it this arvo. I do have another person on my boat now as well.

Thanks and I look forward to meeting you all.

Rod.

Bring on the social :) with all the wicked weather we've had this week, I'm sure we are all looking forward to milder conditions. I think I'll make the most of today's crap weather to rig up some rods and get my gear ready!

Looking forward to those cuppas on the mothership!!!

Cheers scratchie!!!

I've fishing at illawong bay last 2days, no hairtail anymore, no idea where they go? not sure those hairtail will come back this week?

Also we still don't know how can we get on to the mothership? anyone have room in their boat? Or if hiring another houseboat if there's space can let Ifishie and me in
Please let me know

Indeed there has. Interestingly we were on a shop yesterday and the man that served us turned out to be a fishraider member. He told us last week they caught 10 and his mates caught about 40 the week before that!!

thats great to hear that there about

cant wait and the weather looks great as well :)

We were in Jerusalem two weeks ago and the temp was 4 degrees one morning. You really need warm clothes as it is bitterly cold there in winter. We are in a Riviera 47 Enclosed called Eeyore and will anchor in the middle of the bay. Say g'day as you pass.

We were in Jerusalem two weeks ago and the temp was 4 degrees one morning. You really need warm clothes as it is bitterly cold there in winter. We are in a Riviera 47 Enclosed called Eeyore and will anchor in the middle of the bay. Say g'day as you pass.

Sounds like an offer of a nice warm bed Harold! I might just take you up on that. Lol

All packed and ready to go .I think I need a trailer to carry all the goodies It will be like masterchef on the mother boat. Lots of wine and port , heaps of food, we may open a floating restaurant and the gas heater is back again this year so we can wine and dine in comfort.Before we go out and freeze our butts off catching Hairtail. Its not to late to join in the fun. see you all on the river cheers Reggie the Rabbit

Coming up with syd and an so excited

Finished doing the rods and can't wait

Met up with kingfisher84 today at tackle world and he gave me a great tip

He said when u finish packing clothes. Bring an extra jumper

Oh and some tips on fishing to

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi everyone we are new to the forum so first off we would like to say hi, to you all and we love the info you guys and girls have put together ?

We are based out in Oberon NSW, and we are coming down on the weekend for the hairtail event, we are staying at Patonga, we were wondering about spots and where the mothership will be located? We have never fished in the hawkesbury but we are really looking forward to it, hope to catch up with you lot over the weekend ?

Cheers, James & Leanne