HAIRTAIL SOCIAL 2014

mrsswordfisherman

Catching this Hairtail has a funny tale attached to it. Once we took the picture I put it in a bucket but, unbeknown to me, the thing was still alive. Next thing it jumped out of the bucket and was slithering along the deck, then, it found the gap which leads to the scuppers and blow me down if it didn't get itself completely down there in a nano second. The next task was trying to work out how to get the stupid, wiggling, snapping thing out of there. So I got a knife and pinned its tail then got my wife to hold the knife. I grabbed the fish pliers and over the next 10 minutes I tried to grab it. Finally I succeeded and pulled it out by the tail. then, my wife drops the knife down the scuppers and we can't see it. So I now have to get in the sub arctic temperature water today and put my hand up into the scupper outlet to grab the knife. Should have stayed in bed!

Seriously, you guys should get out here, the feeling of friendship and the joy of being out with a group of like minded people is terrific.

What a great story Harold, you won't forget that in a hurry. Great you could join us in your fabulous vessel :)

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arrived and was greeted by the admin crew .what a great bunch of people .Stewy rigged up my rods for the hairtail.now I'm ready to go get em. Oh and the sun has come out .what a beautiful place.can see me coming back here in future.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Arrived and was greeted by the admin crew .what a great bunch of people .Stewy rigged up my rods for the hairtail.now I'm ready to go get em. Oh and the sun has come out .what a beautiful place.can see me coming back here in future.

Sent from my HTC_PN071 using Tapatalk

Lovely to see you again Ray. Hope you catch plenty.

Shame no-one took up your offer of joining you on your lovely boatajyqe9yr.jpg

What a great event the social was. Great weather (mostly) great fish and great people.

I would like to thank Stewie and Donna for their hospitality and commitment to Fishraider.

Scratchie, I hope you made it home ok. In all the years I have owned boats this would be the only time I have not had the spare fuel tank full of unleaded. My apologies to you.

We are looking forward to the same event next year.

What a great event the social was. Great weather (mostly) great fish and great people.

I would like to thank Stewie and Donna for their hospitality and commitment to Fishraider.

Scratchie, I hope you made it home ok. In all the years I have owned boats this would be the only time I have not had the spare fuel tank full of unleaded. My apologies to you.

We are looking forward to the same event next year.

Harold, I made it back fine as Reggie the rabbit, kindly donated enough petrol for me to get back. Although, after my mouthful of petrol, stewy came to the rescue with his sucking power and got the job done. :)

I'm glad you had a great time and it was a pleasure to meet you and your family.

Cheers scratchie!!!

I fished for hairtail but all I could catch were blue Salmon, black tip sharks and a mud crab.

The temp got a bit cool on the water last night fell to 20.

Hope to make it to the hairtail social next year, just a bit far to drive this year.

bruce

So I worked until 1am last Friday trying to get my lights working so I can rock up to the social. Got it all done.

Get to the boat ramp at 5pm, thinking wow, this is strange, not many people here. They must be at the boat show, these guys forgot to plan it around the boat show! Head off to Waratah bay, 3 boats...ok they must all be at Jerusalem bay. By now it's dark, I see a boat!!... Thinking to myself soon as I turn this corner there is going to be a party up in here!!... another boat, and just one more boat.

Got home around midnight and jumped on the forums, thought I would check the dates just in case. Had the wrong dates!!!

I went two years ago and had fun, I didn't register but was amongst the crowds, was good fun!

But if the social was the week before, I too was at Waratah bay, got there around 6pm, there wasn't many boats around. I was still testing my boat out so I went there and back only. Were most people in Jerusalem bay?