Some surface and a cracker on plastic

post-25384-0-21395400-1394426572_thumb.jpgpost-25384-0-10146000-1394427084_thumb.jpg

Apologies, but I've been pretty lazy with some of my pics :pokey: that are strewn across the desktop of my computer. However, had some success on surface back in the summer.

Here are some of them, most caught in lower harbour and georges river. It's not too difficult to catch a fish on surface, sometimes it's even easier to chase them off the top water.

Areas with shallow water with a bit of ripple are always good. Poppers are easier to use imo. Mono for a leader is not essential but I prefer to use it especially for smaller lures. I'm no expert (so take it for what it is), but just remember to pause and only do enough to keep the fish's attention. Too much and whiting will come up instead (which isn't necessarily a bad thing :sun: )

Poppers

post-25384-0-67793700-1394425454_thumb.jpgpost-25384-0-79572600-1394425533_thumb.jpg

Surface walkers

post-25384-0-17849500-1394425494_thumb.jpgpost-25384-0-04619900-1394425729_thumb.jpgpost-25384-0-16407900-1394425975_thumb.jpg

Also got a very nice bream 40TTT on a minnow plastic. Hop hop.... *tick* and *strike!*.... zzzz...zzzzZZZZ "woohooo" Sorry about the dirt on the fish but I didn't want to muck around with it to ensure it was quickly released. Hope it breeds many more babies.

Edited by nbdshroom

Exceptional work Pete!

That's a tremendous effort especially the horse of a bream. Must have pulled like a freight train :1yikes:

Good on you on the release too and for not keeping the fish out of the water too long.

I've only used mono once for surface and couldn't really notice any difference compared to fluro but I'll keep experimenting. I suppose it will more critical for smaller lures as you say.

And yes shallow flats are always worth a shot.

Keep up the nice work mate and thanks for sharing.

Ian

Exceptional work Pete!

That's a tremendous effort especially the horse of a bream. Must have pulled like a freight train :1yikes:

Good on you on the release too and for not keeping the fish out of the water too long.

I've only used mono once for surface and couldn't really notice any difference compared to fluro but I'll keep experimenting. I suppose it will more critical for smaller lures as you say.

And yes shallow flats are always worth a shot.

Keep up the nice work mate and thanks for sharing.

Ian

Thanks Ian, she sure did put a smile on my face as she thumped and tore line off my reel. I'd stick to fluoro if I were you since it's working wonders - 'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'. :biggrinthumb:

Pete, nice report and congrats! You'll have to be an instructor at the SP's social. And speaking of socials, it's almost time for the hairtail one! You keen???

Cheers scratchie!!!

Thanks a lot Jeff, I still can't believe the fish that end up on my line sometimes. I sure get very lucky at times, also thanks for your vote of confidence, but there are heaps of raiders more skilled and knowledgeable than I. :sun: Hairtail you say? :banana: I had such a blast and I'm keen as mustard.

good work petey stirring me up yesterday should have just showed me the top pic

Sent from my GT-S7500T using Tapatalk 2

Thanks Ben. :harhar:

A few nice breambos there

Thanks Yowie.

WOW!!!

MASTER!

This is what I aspire to.

Looking forward to learn at the social.

Thanks for the post

Ryder

Thanks Ryder, I'm just happy that lady luck was on my side that day. Even though I was able to tempt the bream, it could have ended in disaster such as getting done in the snags, leader knots fail, pulled hooks etc. In the way Yoda would say it, 'a padawan, I am still', haha

Those bream were owned like a jedi

Tight lines!, Shakeel

Cheers Shakeel, I could feel the force ('force sense' for all those people that have played a few star wars games) guiding me that day. :04: