Campbelltown Catch a Carp

ving

Fiona and I spent a great morning at the Campbelltown catch a carp day. We joined a large crowd, heaps of kids mums and dads and grand parents all doing their bit to rid Eaglevale pond of smelly carp. What a nice way to spend our Anniversary.

Fishing started at 7.00am and ended at 11.00am. The first 2 hours were slow a couple of bites. Then we changed bait from corn to garden worms within 15 minutes I landed 2 carp approx. 50cm and Fiona got one the same size. The biggest fish went 63cm and lots of small fish caught. Rotary Club supplied the BBQ, council did a great job. Everybody had fun good to see so many children out in the sun having a good time. The pond is open to fish only one day a year for this event .All fish were collected by the council

.post-6862-0-96098200-1394962915_thumb.jpg

O.k wasn't aware of that, I lived in eaglevale nearly 30 years ago and fished that that "duck pond" then with a mate when we were 10yrs old and use to get some massive carp, eels and even the odd turtle on bread baits.

We let them all go as we didn't know any better.

We would build rafts out of old timber and drums which we found around where the old squash courts used to be and camp out on the island.

The pond was always full of dumped cars, rubbish, trolleys etc and we even managed to hook and pull up an old posties bike.

Sent from my GT-I8730T using Tapatalk

Had a crack myself couldn't raise a scale in between untangling my gear due to some wild casting from others using massive sinkers.Pulled the pin at 8.30am did see some interesting bi-catch such as nike runners,complete skateboard and a tv ariel.Good to see some raiders get amongst it though must have worked hard for the fish with so many lines in the water.

Reggie glad you did well didn't take worms as I thought it was corn only.Had some Berkley earth worms in the jars on me but got out of there as my location became impossibly crowded.Never tried these berkley worms has anyone found them any good they look very life like.

Mate of mine uses the berkley worms for any natives that normally eat worms like bass perch cod ect he also gets trout and redfin on them as for carp. Mate they will eat anything spam corn bread dough cheese salami ham squid chilli semi cooked vegetables of any kind they are the best at what they do which is take rubbish items and turn it into protien

Agree with this one...........Saw an old bloke near Bathurst catch them on a cigarette butt