Zapped at Tarban Creek

Ryder

I knew the weather was going to be a bit dodgey and didn't want to get caught far from home so I went to Tarban.

Saw heaps of good size bream competing for bread kids were feeding the ducks. I cast the new sugapen off the other side of the bridge into the creek a few times and I was on. First bream off the surface. Not huge about 20 cm but I was happy.

I walked along the wall casting as I went and managed another undersize bream a and a couple of choppers.

I definitely missed a few takes and had heaps of near misses mostly in the creek between the mouth and the footbridge.

As the weather started closing in and thunder in the distance I was casting off the bridge when my graphite rod discharged electricity into my thumb. It lasted about 1/2 second and I could hear the Zzzzzzzzzz Ouch

Would this be from the static in the air before the storm or does it just build up in the rod from casting ?

Made it out of there before the real lightning started.

P.S A local came up and asked me if I was after kingies ,with my 3 kg outfit I laughed and said no, he said they have been in there.

Ryder