boat covers ?

big bell

Hey fellow raiders im after some help/ discussion in relation to boat covers.

Ive got a stacer sportster 549 bow rider im looking to cover, I bought and then returned an out of the box cover ($360) as the straps to hold the cover down wouldn't lock and half of them didn't even reach under the boat to the buckle on the other side!!! causing my tarp im currently using ($30) to up stage it.

Theres then the custom made option ? my brother in law had it done on his 4.2m boat but theres press studs all over the place holding it on and im not a fan of them all over my pride and joy. and this is obviously more $$$$ ive got around $650 at the mo in the boat fund .

can anyone offer any advice / there cover option or pm me with any good priced cover companys

any advice would be greatly appreciated,

I have a custom made one for my 490 topender. Cost about $1000 seven years ago. Its secured on each side by three stretchy cords with plastic hooks on the end. They clip around the longitudinal member of the trailer. Very quick and easy. At the stern there are 8 stretchy loops that fit over little studs on the boat. At the bow there is a pocket that fits over the the thing that the anchor runs through. Sounds complicated and expensive but its very quick and effective. Designed so that water runs off, but the canvas-type material is waterproofed. A friend had the studs - a real pain to put on.

Edited by Benzeenees

I've just bought one of these for $90

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/121182404113?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

I'll let you know how it goes when I get it. I liked the sound of heavy canvas and straps. Also it will leave you a bit

left over in your boat funds.

No affilation with the buyer. I was also looking for a cover and the trap was a bit annoying.

cheers