Bass still on the bite?

jawno

Ok so I just got back with good news to report. I started off with surface lures as per usual, tried a few gun lures including Sammy 65 and Megabass Siglett for no hits.

Just as I was about to give up, I decided to try something different so I tied on a river2sea baby vib 35. 3 casts later it got smashed and after a strong fight up came a fat 35cm fish. Another 6 casts yielded 2 more fish, 30cm and 32cm from the same spot.

So yeah, they're still around and aggressive but not really on the surface as much. I hardly ever use vibes in the river but it shows that it pays to try something different when the fish are shut down a bit.

post-32123-0-03649500-1395393417_thumb.jpg

Edited by Dave_

The surface action is well and truly over. You might still get a few on the surface but not like Summer. Beetle spins and divers are working. Stopped counting when I got to 10 fish the other day

Yep can vouch for surface lures not working. Cast a cicada popper several times in one spot then a spinner and got smashed.

Ended up getting 16 bass, couple busted me off and didnt hook up properly, and one cat fish. Cat fish took a zman 4 inch curly tail with spinner. The spinners were working really well. I lost one to a fish and the other to a crap knot. Thought I was stuffed without the spinners but soon found out slowly retrieving a soft plastic at a constant speed works pretty darn well too.

The zman 4 inch curly tail did most of the damage.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

strugling even to hook atm,rivers up , thought they would be on, changed lures every ten minutes this arvo for doughnuts,thinking live bait.

Mate, you wanna start stretching your arms for next weeks trip! Cos I plan to get you something that will pull them out your sockets

• 2 weeks later...