BAYVIEW PARK BOAT RAMP CLOSURE

job

HI EVERYONE

Just to keep all informed I have today received a letter from Canada Bay council regarding the closure of Bayview Park Boat Ramp gates and access to residents who hold keys between the hours of sunset and sunrise that they are now finally getting around to a consultation process. If you could call it that.

I note that the wording has now changed in this current letter to not even mention the boat ramp, but to say it is a "review of vehicle access to the Bayview Park car park". They have also passed it on to another member of council whom has never been mentioned before as a contact regarding the matter.

the current letter now fails to mention their suggestion of usage of other boat ramps as an alternative.

VERY NICE ATTEMPT TO DRAW ATTENTION AWAY THAT THEY ARE RESTRICTING ACCESS TO THE BOAT RAMP

After enquiring to the council regarding the number of keys that have been issued to residents I was reluctantly told that only 80 keys have been issued to residents and it is on these numbers that they are blaming the suggested "Security issues". Could it be that there are some influential residents in the units townhouses along side the boat ramp? As I have said before if you buy beside an airport it's a bit stupid to complain about the noise. The same goes for the boat ramp.

I can only assume that the delay in the origional public consultation period has been to avoid doing it in the height of the summer months when the ramp is in higher demand and to have the right people look at it in council to come up with another tactic to not have so much attention on the fact that there is a boat ramp there.

Remember they want the users of this ramp to go to other ramps which is going to overcrowd them. Once they do this at one ramp which ones are next. So this effects us all.

THE PROBLEM COUNCIL CLAIMS CAN BE SIMPLY SOLVED BY INSTALLATION OF AN AUTOMATED GATE TO PASS HOLDERS.

Consultation feedback can sent to Mr. Ben Richards by the 24 April 2014. council@canadabay.nsw.gov.au

I will post my letter when completed.

If anyone want any more information just contact me

JOB

Hi all

I have attached a copy of the objection letter that I have sent into Canada Bay council and urge you all to do the same.

I have also spoken to the editor of the Inner west Courier who is interested in doing a story on this and wants to get as many people as possible for a photo at Bayview park Boat ramp. I am happy to try and co-ordinate this so would like some feedback on how many people are interested and availability. I think a weekend soon would be best as consultation period ends on the 25 April 2014. please reply with a message.

Thanks

JOB