Paul Worsteling - Yamaha

locodave

Hi roylo, the last series has just finished airing, but it will return in a few weeks. Channel one.5.00pm. If you have a tivo or pvr make sure to set the timer to record for 15mins before and after the advertised times as the show typically runs overtime. cheers troutboy

Hi roylo, the last series has just finished airing, but it will return in a few weeks. Channel one.5.00pm. If you have a tivo or pvr make sure to set the timer to record for 15mins before and after the advertised times as the show typically runs overtime. cheers troutboy

Hi Troutboy, thanks for that. I'll check it out and I'm sure a few other people will now as well.

I loved how this thread meandered away from Worsteling to the good fishing shows. It just proves how the song goes; "Accentuate the positive, Eliminate the negative." I'm a fan of any fishing show that doesn't flog product. I'd like to see a bit more on estuary fishing, especially bait presentation rather than lures all of the time. And perhaps a closer look at terminal tackle re. braids, leaders and traces.

hi all,fishing edge hosted by Lee Raynor, is good also . He was Rex hunts right hand man for many years, but a fantastic fisherman in his own right. Always full of practical tips and minimal product flogging , check it out , also on channel one. cheers troutboy

As greynurse says. It's great the way this thread meanders. From my perspective all the fishing shows are poor.

Thank f4ck for this site and the amazing advice shared by its members.

......... SaltWaterDog

Edited by NaClH2OK9

Paul worsterling is just wrongtown. the product flogging is unbelievable, some of the stuff he endorses is just crap.About the only redeeming feature of his show is that he takes the time to teach his son, but even that is coached to the max. At least rexy could make you laugh.Cant stand Al mc glashin and big fish small boats either.Bring back a rerun of a river somewhere, comedy and class all rolled into one.

I find Mcglaasins YouTube shows the be really good, and I enjoy watching the iFish shows as well. Although PW does carry on alot on the show, he is just doing his job, if his job means he has to endorse a particular product then so be it. If you happen to know better than him the buy what you want. At the end of the day the diff between a white, black or grey boat motor is about the same as the type of car towning the boat attached to it.

I do agree more explanation about rigs and setups, all though these are explained, but on an inconsistent basis.

Advise from one of Mcglassins videos has helped my kingy fishing alot

I would love to see a Fishraider show on TV someday.... Run by the members, sharing rigging techniques, tackle and locations that are accessible to the majority. I know for a show to be viable sponsors need to be onboard but if we use the amount of knowledge from this forum and its members there could be a very informative program with minimal product plugging. People using gear that they have chosen and used not given to them for the purpose of plugging a particular product.

I think we may be missing the point, its about fishing in locations - if you want to learn techniques, rigging etc then TV is not the forum. It is shown on TV because it is entertaining, they want viewers, its not intended to be educational other than the locations that he goes to and I must admit I have added a few to my must visit places. I have spoken to a number of people who are not interested in fishing but really like his enthusiasm and the places he travels to. If he wasn't supported by sponsors then the show wouldn't even get to air. Same here I suspect - Fishraider need it's sponsors. If you want to learn, there are other places - such as here on Fishraider. Just my thoughts.

twinfisher, I can bring out a vhs of rex or bushy and show my son and he will learn how to fish for what ever species it is
with the others you learn bugger all

et is the worst of the lot for bagging competitors products, openly bagging black engines in one episode