Sydney Harbour Samson Fish!

Bash.G

Hi all,

Went out for a fish today! Got to the water at about 5am and have never seen the harbor so quite and flat. Dropped off at rosebay boat ramp and Started fishing the last hour or two of the run up tide. Low tide was at 11am so got best of both tides.

Was using the berkley gulp 2.5" nuclear chicken shrimp. First cast hooked on to a thumper fish well I thought so, two massive runs reeled it into the boat turned out to be a 33cm bream fat and looking very healthy.

A few more casts hooked up on to a decent fish with big head shakes running and going crazy! Got it up to the side of the boat and was a snapper that measured out to be 35cm which I was stoked with.

My mate was using pillies and he caught a snapper that measured about 33cm. He was stoked with that. All of a sudden my mates reel screams and I instantly thought kingie!!! the rod tip is in the water and the drag is screaming big head shakes and running fast. Fighting it for what felt like 10 minutes my mate is running around the boat trying to land this fish, to our surprise we see a samson fish!!! I thought I was dreaming hahaha. We put the fish in the boat and weighed about 2.5kgs.

I chuck my plastic in and instantly get smashed and think another samson, after 10 minutes land the fish on 4lb and yes another samson fish.

All up about 5 beautiful bream 2 legal snapper 2 samson fish and a heap of trevally that we released.

Was fun as and can't wait to get back onto the water.

I'll post pictures soon! Hope you like the thread.

I don't usually take fish home and love catch and releasing my fish but today I was craving a feed of fish. ENJOY!!

post-32859-0-79614200-1396009154_thumb.jpg

post-32859-0-46606300-1396009264_thumb.png

Edited by Bash.G

well done bash great catch

Yeah thanks mate was a great day out there. We went out yesterday arvo and managed to catch a 1.5kg snapper inside the harbor, measured out to be 47cm which I was over the moon. On plastics as well.

post-32859-0-45288400-1396139079_thumb.jpg

Guest Aussie007

Yeah thanks mate was a great day out there. We went out yesterday arvo and managed to catch a 1.5kg snapper inside the harbor, measured out to be 47cm which I was over the moon. On plastics as well.

inside thats a awesome catch wish i'd catch something of that size in botany bay lol