Live Bait Tank

Linc

Why didn't I think of a servo? The one just down the road had what I needed and the unit works! It's pretty much the first bit of plumbing and electrical work I've done (outside of school projects years ago) so I'm pretty excited that it works. Just waiting on some silicon to dry so I can post some pics of it out on the water tomorrow! Thanks heaps for all the help guys, definitely couldn't have done it alone.

Edited by Linc

Ironic how we only caught one gar and one yakka for the whole day today to go into the live bait tank, but they were very happy!

Here's the setup.

Yeah Ed, I was desperate for somewhere to put the bait today! haha, nah wanted a livewell for ages, and was able to make one up for well under $100 :)

post-30908-0-06614700-1398073259_thumb.jpg

post-30908-0-35290200-1398073260_thumb.jpg

Thanks SWD.

Oh and the 500 GHP pump is too much, at least for my 19mm outlet, so for anyone about to buy a pump, 350 would be heaps I'd say, I had to turn the tap to about half to get a good sturdy flow without overflowing the tank.

Got mine finished yesterday and tested today. 360 is fine and still needs throttling. I may fit a second outlet just to help flow rate. Also thinking of running the pump internal with a through Hull pickup but that's for another day.

......... SaltWaterDog

I'm gonna install a 2nd outlet too. fills up too fast at the moment. at least I tested it with quite a few yakkas yesterday and they were happy all day

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Tapatalk

Could not find any yakkas today but my daughter wanted to test with a small bream. Great idea untill we realised that we didn't have a net to get him out. Chased him with my hand for 5 minutes before giving up and emptying the container back over the side :)

......... SaltWaterDog

Edited by NaClH2OK9
  • Haha 1

You might be able to pick one up in woolies even. I stole the one from our old aquarium set which my son lost interest in years ago when the last gold fish died :P only problem is the yakkas in the bay the other day were too big for the net... too big for the target fish too unfortunately.

Couldn't find a decent in line so had to use one on my dash with a long cable length. Also fitted a second outlet deliberately chose vertical alignment so no spillage in a swell. Have also got a net tonight from kmar.... Slightly too big but a squash has sorted it for $5 Posted Image

......... SaltWaterDog

• Like 1

Hey guys I've been watching this feed for a while and I just want to say how good it's been to read all different ideas ,

And set up options! Really given me some ideas for my tank (when I get around to it....oops) . Great job with your tanks guys!!!!

Tight lines :)

• 1 year later...

Hey all have dug this thread up from the past bit just wanted some opinions, i have recently purchased myself a 5.1m Quintrex and am wondering what size tank L wise is appropriate for making myself up a live baig tank with, already have a 70l round drum that i was thinking of using filled up about 3/4 of the way but after reading some of the comments am thinking i might need to downsize a bit and get something around the 40l mark, so yeah whats people opinions ?

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all have dug this thread up from the past bit just wanted some opinions, i have recently purchased myself a 5.1m Quintrex and am wondering what size tank L wise is appropriate for making myself up a live baig tank with, already have a 70l round drum that i was thinking of using filled up about 3/4 of the way but after reading some of the comments am thinking i might need to downsize a bit and get something around the 40l mark, so yeah whats people opinions ?

They still have the blue containers in Bunnings which work a treat, I've never had a livie die while running the pump through mine