Anyone know current conditions in Coxs River

Volitan

Hi. I'm toying with the idea of spending a day fishing in the Coxs River (NSW). I'm thinking fly fishing somewhere between Little Hartley and Lithgow. Does anyone know the current river conditions - in terms of whether there is much water in the river and whether there are any fish.

I should point out that I have fished the Coxs for 20 years or so - so I'm under no delusions about it being a great fishery - I would just like a day's walk along the river but with a decent chance of fish. Havent been there in 5 years so not sure what to expect.

cheers

Arron

for starters dont expect fish, havent been out there for a while but last time i went it was pretty disappointing,my dad used to take me out there as a young bloke, you could catch a fish in every pond.times have changed fish get smarter and more people get in there to fish.theres a few places where you can go as you probably know, last time i went was probably about a year ago with scratchie and trout stalker,we walked from mckanes falls rd pretty much to the dam wall at lyle ,saw a few but caught zero lovely country but,were camo tread lightly and good luck

Actually, it was McKanes Falls I was thinking about going to. I guess I will make one trip up there, and try and take the attitude that its the walk thats importat, not the fish.

Cheers

Arron

I fished the Coxs River just 2 days ago. It wasn't great...

Had several follow ups from little ones and one solid follow up. Not a lot of the trout are feeding, most seemed to be following the lures in attempts to claim territory for the breeding season. Also, the river is quite high at the moment.

Hope you have better luck than i did,

Tag