Downrigger set ups

possumms

Well I finally pulled my finger out and got myself a pair of Cannon uni-troll 10 STX down riggers for my boat yay.

Ok after reading a few other posts about downrigger setups I was thinking I'll install both at the rear sides of the boat

Main thing I wanna know is can I use the rod holder on the downrigger.

At a guess they should be ok other wise why would they put them on there right they just look flimsy.

What do fellow raiders think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I placed mine on the gunwale just behind the helm seat so that I can quickly bring it up to clear any depth changes.

Prefer to use a boat mounted rod holder, rigger one is probably ok but why risk it?

Cheers

Paikea

• 2 weeks later...

I have just gone from a 6lb to an 8lb bomb. I have a humminbird 798ci sounder and with the 8lb bomb I can actually see the bomb depth on the sounder which I find really beneficial. I couldn't see this with the 6lb so my preference would be to go an 8lb.

Thanks guys, thanks for all your help altho I have some bad news my boat was stolen yesterday well I was at work on the up side I was installing the riggers today so they did not get them...

It's was taken from Mount Annan, NSW.

It's had 2 locks on it one on the tow ball bit and a hub lock. They took it on a truck as there are large tyre marks on the curb in front where the boat was

Posted Image