Sydney - Friday arvo solo Longreef snapper.

chewie

My new Snapper combo arrived today. A Shimano Nano Px 5 - 10kg matched with a stradic Ci4+ 4000 sized reel. The weather looked great so i went on a Solo session to Longreef to see if i could find some Snaps.

Well i wasn't disappointed! Plenty of nice reads on the sounder and managed some nice fish on plastics...

Funnily, it was actually the first time i have taken my Poly up to Longreef as i usuallly fish other areas, It was strange being the only boat out there in perfect conditions. Happy Days...

post-17369-0-87666900-1399629865_thumb.jpg

first fish on the new combo 41cm

post-17369-0-96439400-1399629866_thumb.jpg

i think this guy was horny instead of hungry

post-17369-0-96518800-1399629867_thumb.jpg

post-17369-0-16674500-1399629869_thumb.jpg

52cm

post-17369-0-33474100-1399629870_thumb.jpg

63cm

post-17369-0-11028000-1399629871_thumb.jpg

the biggest fish was landed on my Snapper slayer combo- black mamba, rarenium combo. 4 -7kg

All fish were released to fight another day...

Thats me hooked for winter...tight lines

Edited by chewie

Great snapper for sydney, and a sick new combo! Wat braid are u running on that stradic? can't quite see.

sunline super braid 5... PE2 colour coded 11.6kg... very happy with it.

sunline super braid 5... PE2 colour coded 11.6kg... very happy with it.

Was gonna say that! Its pretty new right? only just seen it on Moey, and it comes in 200m spools which is a huge bonus

Slightly jealous... Waiting for the water temps to get down to around 18 degrees here down south to start getting the big girls again. Jeebus knows I love a good feed of snapper. Perhaps my favorite eating fish, just ahead of kingy. MMMmmmmmmmm getting a little drooly just thinking about it. Hurry up cooler water.

Luc.

Im sitting at work after a very long day and I see those pictures. Well done buddy. Very jealous , knew I should have scrapped work and gone fishing. Work all ways seems to get in the way. Very healthy reds. You have well and truly christened that rod now. But seriously, when are we fishing next?

Dredog

Guest stephanb79

GOOD JOB ON THE SNAPPER I CANT WAIT TO GIVE IT A TRY AS WELL !!! WHAT SIZE BOAT DO YOU HAVE ??

Im sitting at work after a very long day and I see those pictures. Well done buddy. Very jealous , knew I should have scrapped work and gone fishing. Work all ways seems to get in the way. Very healthy reds. You have well and truly christened that rod now. But seriously, when are we fishing next?

Dredog

i thought you were saving your energy for the swans game! lets go next week.

Nice going Chewie! some awesome reds there mate! which colour jerk shad did most of the damage?

can't wait to get stuck into them myself.

Thanks mate, caught them on every colour I sent out, you can see in the pics. They didn't seem picky as to colour selection.

Guest stephanb79

Polycraft 455

hey chewie

I should have no problem then in a 489 stacer baymaster 75hp ??? Its a brand new boat ??? Which ramp do you go from to get there go from rosebay or is there one closer

hey chewie

I should have no problem then in a 489 stacer baymaster 75hp ??? Its a brand new boat ??? Which ramp do you go from to get there go from rosebay or is there one closer

rosebay, you should be fine depending on your fuel tank size. be careful with your safety routines and be confident in your boats capabilities.