First Bream on Plastics

W4z

Went for a flick this morning in the same spot I was last weekend. Had been dying to get out but been held back by a bit of the manflu this week haha.

Same ammunition this weekend, Squidgy Wrigglers with Fuze size 4, 1/16oz jigheads. First cast and I was on! Turned out to be just a small flatty coming in at 32cm. Still managed to swallow the plastic...

It was quiet for a bit, then i noticed a tap in the same spot a couple of times. Up till this point I hadn't used any of the scent that came in the pack of Squidgys but decided to try it. Cast again into the same spot and on the drop it got smashed. Pulled in a good sized bream. First one on plastics (and lures in general). I was very happy, been wishing for one. He measured in at 27cm.

After that I just landed a couple of pinkies. Biggest pinkies that I've caught in Port Hacking so far, around the 22cm mark. Not the type of area I would have expected them but I'm still learning a lot. At first when I hooked them up I called them for a bigger fish but soon into the fight I realised they weren't what I thought.

A great morning out and can't wait to flick some more plastics. Really enjoying this type of fishing.

Cheers

Waz

post-33500-0-74121800-1399789899_thumb.jpg

post-33500-0-39677300-1399789920_thumb.jpg

post-33500-0-73274400-1399789944_thumb.jpg

post-33500-0-96111400-1399789966_thumb.jpg

Very nice mate! Gotta love that first fish feeling! And doing it on plastica after putting in the effort makes it that much better! If you want some company I love fishing your way let me know :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Cheers guys. Yeah witha I'd be keen to go for a fish sometime. I'll be away trout fishing the next few weekends though. I'll let you know the next time I can get out

Great work Waz. Looks like Trev gave you some good advice. Bream on SP's are no easy task. It is all down hill from here. The first one is always the hardest.

Where are you heading for the trout?

Luc.

Edited by Trout Stalker

Thanks hawkesbass I couldn't have done it without some of your tips.

Trout stalker, this weekend I'll try the coxes again, next weekend might be a trip to eucumbene and then the week after some trout and salmon fishing in NZ. Can't wait

That sounds awesome. I did a job up at Jindabyne last week moving some furniture for a lady who lives right on the lake at Kalkite. She gave me permission to fish the lake from her property any time I like so I am super keen to give that a go. Her son used to fish it about 10 Yeats ago but none have had a go at it since so the fish might not be so wary along there if I am lucky.

Good luck Waz and let us know how you go.

Edited by Trout Stalker

Sounds good trout stalker, would be worth throwing a line out.

Fingers crossed I'll have something to report back about from NZ.

Thanks chelub I'll definitely be chasing them some more