Daisy Chains & Dredges

Quick questions to see members experiences with the above.

I bought a dredge recently but havn't had the chance to use it yet(looks like a pain in the a$$) & now im thinking of making a few daisy chains for the tuna season.

ANyone have experience with these? Do you find them more effective? Any DO's & DONT'S?

Any info would be great.

thanks

Dredges can work quite well but can be a handful to deploy and retrieve particularly on a trailer boat however the same can be said about boats pulling 6 or 7 lures at a time. I like daisy chains of squid maybe with a bird in front for tuna and especially on calm days like we get in winter. I have a bird teaser with a clip attached, a sort string of 6 or 9 inch rubber squid with another clip and a rubber bird with a hypalon lure. the individual short lengths mean I can add or remove depending on conditions.

• 2 weeks later...

Our number one producer for tuna over the last three seasons has been a Carolina Custom Flying Fish Chain. It does well for us on both YFT and bluefin.. we usually run it from the short or long corner. The only problems we've had is during the fight, other bluefin tend to chomp on the flying fish which once cost us a big blue fin and obviously lure as well. We started running the same lure as a bit of a tease during marlin season and it ended up being just as productive - we bought our ones online from USA for about $130 USD each, but unless you're doing a big order, the $80 freight is also a bugger. Here's a pic:

post-10991-0-70361100-1401508821_thumb.jpg

Cheers

Marty

Edited by Secho

• 3 weeks later...