New heavy(ish) Soft plastics combo

Witha

If you're spending $600 you may as well put in another $300 and get the FI model.

Why, because it's the new model by a couple of weeks? $300 buys another good rod or another good reel or a downrigger or....? Even $600 is too much to pay for a small reel but that's another argument. Stella is a Stella, I looked long and hard for used ones but they seem to hold their value really well. FE is just as good as an FI, I also own current Stella SWs but if I could have bought used older models and saved hundreds I would have. FE, highly recommended unless you have even more money to burn or need to keep up appearances with the Jones's. Just make sure they come with the 10 year Australian warranty.

The changes to the gearing alone is worth it in my opinion, not to mention the new drag system and spool design.

If you feel that spending $900 on a little reel like that is worth it then please go right ahead, I disagree, there are reels a 3rd of the price that will do exactly the same, I'm over taking about egg beaters.....

Woah never considered a Stella. Another option that I've been looking at is the 2510pe certate haha

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Certate is a sexy reel, reasonably priced but watch that spool capacity. Edited by Billy2014

Actually, have you looked at the sustain fg? Awesome reel!

Certate is a sexy reel, reasonably priced but watch that spool capacity.

Yeah I've got a 1000 sustain and I really like them. If it wasn't going to be the certate it would most likely be the sustain :) spool capacity as in too low?

Yeah I've got a 1000 sustain and I really like them. If it wasn't going to be the certate it would most likely be the sustain :) spool capacity as in too low?

Yes, the Certate spools are on the shallower side, just have a check, its a bit hard to compare because they all use different line capacities and ratings in the specs. Another Sustain, won't break the bank and has caught the same fish my Stella's have and just as smooth. Certates are very nice though.....for the price.

Having a look at the sustain again, probably 3000 size, nice line capacity and a damn sight cheaper than a certate. Ahhh the choices. ...

Shop around and you'll find a Biomaster for $300.

Thanks mate added that one to the research list. Any thing that makes that a stand out over the sustain?

E.I Anti-Corrosion treatment, lower ratio & a spare spool.

Very true been reading up (instead of studying haha) only thing that would lend towards sustain is maybe a 3000 model, or higher retrieve ratio for spinning metals. spare spool and e.i. and that lower finesse ratio are all ticks in the right box. have the 1000 sustain and for finesse breaming I find it slightly too quick on the wind.