Sydney harbour luderick on the fly

Afternoon all

After two magic days fly fishing the eucumbene where I landed a dozen plus browns average weight 5lb the fly bug was still itching so off this morning with a mate who fished bait we landed over a dozen between us before 10 with. Sit taking the honours but biggest fish went just under 43cm ( had to measure at home as I had no measure on me) on the fly rod a scott e2 5weight running 6lb level fluro awesome fight! Now the problem I have pics just can't upload can someone help apparently the site is not letting me upload! So of I can email to someone to load that would be great! Awesome day and awesome weather!

Edited by luderick -angler

nice fish there royce -- i tied up some weed flies on sat night, few cabbage style and some string weed ones - let me know when you are around my neck of the woods next, im keen to get a lesson from the luderick-angler

like i mentioned we made the trip to one of the mountain dam on late sunday -- saw a few good fishing moving over the old creek bed but were on the wrong side of the lake and the drive around would have been a real mission without knowing how bad the tracks were and no back up - casting was near impossible with the drowned trees lost 2 files in 10 cast before darkness fell - with the rain on the weekend , it should be a good option for the next couple of weeks

cheers

grant

Great work royce, that would have been great fun. I also believe that would be a new fly record for the blackies. :) Well done mate.

You should have told me you were heading to Eucumbene, I would have joined you. What flies did the damage and where were you? I am heading up in a couple of weeks and wouldn't mind getting a few on the long wand.

Talk soon.

Luc.

Mate it was last minute literally my buddy rocks up to my place and says lets go!

If you want fish go now before the river closes next weekend rig was tungsten bead pheasant tails or black fur nymphs with a trailing glo bug size 14 or 16 the bead heads were 2 or 3mm depending I depth of pool and flow you need to be dredging the bottom attach an indicator to the very top of the leader where it meets the fly line trader length should be 9 feet to the bead level 10lb fluro with a fine 8 or 6lb fluro off the bend of the bead head to the glo bug no longer than 12 inches! If they are not on bugs try a natraul off the bend good luck

Nice work Royce!

Are you using a sinking fly? and what line are you using? floating/sinking etc.

Would love to get into the blackies on the fly. Also, do you need to burley with read weed before they take the fly?

Thanks mate!,

Basic rig is a 5 weight rod weight forward floating line with 9ft of level 10 lb fluro and 18 inch 6lb tipper tied in with a surgeons knot gives me 10.5 feet leader I then have an adjustable indicator above the surgeons knot I place a small split shot to get the fly down burley helps but in some places may not be required! Most areas I fish are no deeper than 12 feet hence the short rig I can turn over 14 feet leaders when fishing deeper water but some casting room is required! Hope this helps

Fished the eucumbene river itself above Gang gang creek, give me a call mate i can give you more detiled info theres a few sneaky places away from the crowds that have not made public forums and you will have less crowds to deal with saying that thereas fish right through the river early morning is best and if theres some rain about Kiandra I would head up asap as it will push more fish in the river