Bluefin madness

Well guys the news is great. Commercial boats off Bermi/Eden over the past week have caught albies,yellowfin & bluefin. Today better info of fish off ulladulla tells us they are definitely pushing north as we predicted over 2 weeks ago. Forecast bad weather with some good weather following after & that should be our first push off fish off Sydney in a week or so. We haven't taken any bookings as this is the news we have been waiting for but if you want to book a date let me know. Will keep you informed as we hear more! The full moon again seems to be the best time for the bluefin!

Cheers

Damo

I had a go at some fin the day before yesterday off merimbula which resulted in one small yellow which was about 70-80cm but it was a fat little barrell. Made for some great sashimi the next day!

Luc.

Edited by Trout Stalker

I had a go at some fin the day before yesterday off merimbula which resulted in one small yellow which was about 70-80cm but it was a fat little barrell. Made for some great sashimi the next day!

Luc.

Hey Luc.. At least you have your first one for the season well done. How wide did you get? What were the water temp/current doing?

Cheers

Damo

It was an overnighter and we were all over the place. I wasn't driving but we were in dead set shocking weather and a big swell with more or less constant rain but at times we were about 50nm out in about 2500m of water. I was having trouble staying awake and didn't really pay attention to water temp at the time of the catch but it was about 20 degrees most of the time.