$4K Snapper caught

antonywardle

Caught my first snapper in my new boat while doing sea trials with the "fixed" engine

So that snapper has cost me about $4K to catch. it was a massive 12cm, and was followed

by an 8cm one, even joined together, they didn't make the minimum limit. Both were released

to continue eating my squid bait!

The IPA I had was brilliant though

Just remember that each fish you catch reduces the cost per fish.

(This is how I justify going at least once a week).

I think I am down to about $125 a keeper on this 12 month old boat.

ouch!... not a good way to measure a return on investment.

How about we use the enjoyment return on investment? That works better.

Name a sport that doesn't cost us! You could spend quite a few grand on a set of golf clubs and more each week with playing fees etc and spend all your days tracking down that little white ball before whacking into the distance again. Rather be out fishin! Snapper size: you can only go up from there! :-)

Edited by Holls

I think if I stopped buying tackle and sold my boat and gear it would work out cheaper and better to go on a charter every second week and on the off week I could have Mr Decosti fly in and cook a slap up feed.......But it wouldn't be as much fun though.

Nice one Antony :) first outing and you have caught!!

Just a bit more to spend on bimini. Finder. Plotter. Rod holders. Live bait tank. Jackets. Flares. New esky. New boat kit. Epirb. Radio. Rocket launchers. Fenders. Anchors. Warps. More new rods. Reels. Lures. Compass. ....... And a keeper is just around the corner!!! Or was that just my experience? Lol.

Got to love being on the water. The fish will come but the joy of being out there is already happening.

Happy new boat :)

... Steve

You can diversify your investment: Fishing, Cruising, Plane spotting at botany, whale watching, dolphin watching, tubing.

P.S. Was golfing this weekend with mates. 4 hours on the golf course, whacking little balls. What a massive waste of time. Fishing is much better.

You totally forgot about "getting away from it all". It is just nice to dangle a line in the water, shoot the breeze with a mate and solve the problems of the country.....worth every penny to my way of thinking.

J

The way I look at it, I don't want to get to 75 (or whenever the government says I have slaved enough) and go "gee, wasn't it great I saved all that money and I am now too tired to use it".

I'm with you there Sgt Bundy!

I had a couple of kids later in life ( as well as a few very early in life with the same partner). Have been working my guts out for nearly 40 years now

and even when I could finally afford to take the time off I almost forgot to do it!

I started taking time off work about 12 months ago to go fishing every Firday. It makes a huge difference to me and the people around me notice...

they all wish I had done it early as they figure I might have been easier to get on with!

I'm sure I speak for most of us raiders, but if we don't go fishing to relax, we get withdrawals and become irritating.

Then there is the other side of fishing, the ones that get away! These turn some of us into raging ogres for a moment ( guilty as charged) until we realise why we're there in the first place.