Bass in the closed months

DeanFish

Raiders,

I have 2 questions re Bass in the closed months

1. I have read this http://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/aboutus/news/all/2013/australian-bass-and-estuary-perch-closed-for-fishing and my understanding is that you can target Bass but must release them. Can someone confirm that this is correct?

2. Can you catch bass at this time of year in the Nepean and in particular the Penrith area/stretch of the Nepean River.

Cheers

Dean

Guest hawkesbass

You can catch bass and eps but you must release them.

At this time of year any decent bass have moved into the hawkesbury for the brackish water too spawn best bet would be from windsor and down river if you must target bass around this time of year.

Yeah it is legal, but the general feeling was usually to leave them be for their spawn session and come back once their done. Not to rain on the parade if it's your only option/target then yes by all means catch and release, but try not to stress the little guys while they're breeding :) more for the future

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I personally don't mind a couple of days out on the water during winter and have no qualms at all about fishing upstream of Penrth weir, the fishing's very tough but not all the fish head downstream to breed, if people choose not to fish that fine too.

deano having withdrawals are we, Me to, been hitting penrith lakes every tuesday (only day your allowed) caught zero, read up on winter dam bass, cause there warm blooded they slow right down and have to adjust your fishing to suit,just got a pm about fish gathering at lake lyles dam wall,could be bass waiting to go over the dam wall either way they have got one thing on there mind right now and are hard to catch.

• 2 weeks later...