First legal King

plummo

We get to middle habour around 6.00am friday and potter around all day for doughnuts so we head back to anchor up for the night.

Drop in a couple fresh squid and pillies and sit back with a cuppa, nothing for a couple of hours. I'v got the whiting flasher rig down on a 2kg combo looking for a couple of livies to change our luck and then BANG goes livie rig, takes of at a hundred miles an hour.

I look at my brother and you just have to laugh, around 25 mins later up comes the fish. WHAT the, I look at the bro and nearly fall over, you'v got to be kidding me, it's a kingie and whats more it's my first legal at 68cm. We stayed until around 10am sat when the wind started to get up. Yes I did keep it as I hadn't tasted one and I'm sorry to say I'll have to keep a couple more if & when I get another. And now the boss rechons it's allright to go out again.

post-18923-0-61377400-1404033691_thumb.jpg

post-18923-0-56377500-1404033699_thumb.jpg

post-18923-0-58429500-1404033707_thumb.jpg

post-18923-0-90517400-1404033715_thumb.jpg

Thanks guy's. I'm far from being an expert as I mainly just prospect a bit here and there so guess it's mainly luck.

Water was around16.5 from memory and I don't know anything about the kingy habits he just turned up.

Tasted great and will go back looking for more. I have found a nice spot in middle harbour which produces just about everthing you want to catch and normaly plenty of yakkas, slimies and squid.

Cheers

Clive