Bluelabel heading out Tuesday for tuna !

Nick1987k

Sounded like a tough day on the water,

I also tried calling toontime as my friend was in board but got no reply so Bluelable you were not the only one that could not get thru

Regards David

Boat name Molly

I went yesterday with my 16 year old son, went to 12 mile then trolled to browns. There were 10 boats at browns water temp 19.1. Went then South east of browns for 5 miles noticed a lot of those small birds sitting on the water also noticed the water temp dropping to 18.3. This was only in a small area of approximately 2 nm then went back to 19.1. So we worked that area. Then bang the shot gun went off. I gave the rod to my son. His first tuna still to get mine, about 10kg, (I did put a call out on the radio that we caught a fish in that area). We then worked the same area for about a hour longer and got nothing. We then returned to Browns as we passed to the south of all the boats when the longer rigger went off for a long run, however we dropped that one. We worked that area for 1/2 hour but nothing.

Well that was our day. My son now has a caught a bigger Marlin than me and now he caught his first Tuna, note to self must stop giving him the rod. We are still debating which tuna it was, after looking on the internet we conclude it was a Blue.

Boys

We went S/E and found a good temp break in 18.4 about 38nm out. Trolled it then cubed for donuts. There was plenty of bait in the general area also.

Tough day at the office but thats fishing.

Nick, I heard you on the radio a few times. You probably noticed i was trying to raise honu all day but couldnt speak to him. Albeit i could speak to a friend near browns. Bit frustrating

Johno