bluefin arrive off sydney

Andy_c

Looks like they have arrived off sydney in big numbers. Just told at least 10 boats hooked up right now with fish to o0kg already landed. Get out there! The Marks are: 34 00 256. 151 51 126 Thanks to The Young Hoodlums.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plenty of good Bluefin caught today. Most out around the 800 to 900 fathom mark. Listening to the radio chat around 1pm, alot of boats were having multipule bites!!!! Did hear Botany Bay GFC boat "Marquis" having a triple hookup, getting all of them......... :clapping: Some of the reports were of fish well over 100kgs!!!!! :biggrinthumb:

Edited by hotbite

Plenty of good Bluefin caught today. Most out around the 800 to 900 fathom mark. Listening to the radio chat around 1pm, alot of boats were having multipule bites!!!! Did hear Botany Bay GFC boat "Marquis" having a triple hookup, getting all of them......... :clapping: Some of the reports were of fish well over 100kgs!!!!! :biggrinthumb:

Wow

There some monster fish and to land three, wow.

Looks like there coming in and we will start to see some blue or yellowfin reports and pics

Are they caught on the troll or cubing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi guys.. yes the fish turned up in good numbers & we released one approximately 80kg after 1.5 hrs. Cheers to the boys that radioed us letting me know they were hooked up. Hope you got them both.

Marquis got 3 fish next to us but other boats around us did troll all day & hook nothing.

Didn't hear of any fish over 90kg & they seemed to range from 50-90kg.

Heard yellowfin being caught inside us near browns & a few bluefin off Shellharbour so looks like more to come. Weather forecast isnt great up if you want to book a charter let me know.

Cheers

Damo

We had a 4 way hit, hooked up on one at 2.25pm, got it to the boat half a dozen times, and each time it dived straight down, twice it nearly spooled us, the last time it dove straight down again and popped the leader. That was 5.10pm

It was a big fish

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Went out in a mates boat today Reel Screamer, managed a 70kg bluefin, 3 albies and 2 gemmies. Great day on the water a huge thanks to Dave off sideshow for giving the marks to everyone on the radio. Cheers Mike

Edited by FISHBONES

Hi guys.. yes the fish turned up in good numbers & we released one approximately 80kg after 1.5 hrs. Cheers to the boys that radioed us letting me know they were hooked up. Hope you got them both.

Marquis got 3 fish next to us but other boats around us did troll all day & hook nothing.

Heard yellowfin being caught inside us near browns & a few bluefin off Shellharbour so looks like more to come. Weather forecast isnt great up if you want to book a charter let me know.

Cheers

Damo

Went out in a mates boat today Reel Screamer, managed a 70kg bluefin, 3 albies and 2 gemmies. Great day on the water a huge thanks to Dave off sideshow for giving the marks to everyone on the radio. Cheers Mike

Nice work boys!

I couldn't make it out today ( today of all days) but my usaual boat had one hooked up for around 30 mins then dropped it.

Just wondering what kind of spread you guys are running? Hard bodies or skirts or a combo?

We're new to the game fishing scene so any tips you also have on running your spread and fighting fin once hooked up would be great

Cheers

Dom

Looks like they have arrived off sydney in big numbers. Just told at least 10 boats hooked up right now with fish to 1o0kg already landed. Get out there! The Marks are: 34 00 256. 151 51 126 Thanks to The Young Hoodlums.

. These marks were given by the boat sideshow ,

Cheers

Damo

that was me on asalt weapon damo,we landed just one lost the other at the boat.but would have to thank side show for the first marks we were just lucky to find the school again out at 151.54

cheers luke.

Yes our thanks to Dave from Sideshow, that was extremely graceful of you for the marks. We were call sign Angharad.....but most of the time Adrian was calling as 2 C's. We were at the Southern Canyons when the reports started coming through. We debated whether to stay or run up, our plan was to troll from The Canyons to Browns, we unamiously decided we were out there to catch fish, so we retreived all the lines and ran up.

Pete yesterday it didnt seem to matter too much, late yesterday afternoon, there was calls coming through of hookups, on stick baits, cubing and one being taken on a popper!

We were trolling Skirts, and divers, had one hit on a diver early in the afternoon that unfortunately popped a crimp. We eased off with Skirts, whilst we heated pies in the microwave, and made fresh coffee with the Nespresso.......hey life's tough.

Then got serious again, went through the tackle and rigged 2 new divers up. So we had a spread of 4 lines and a teaser out. 2 Skirts and 2 Divers. All 4 went off, only one held and that was the one of the divers.

There was a lot of boats on those marks yesterday, around 2pm, i would have estimated 30-60. However there was fish elsewhere, there was reports of fish being taken at Heatons, and around 3.30pm reports on the Southern Canyons of it going right off.

Unfortunatley there were boats that didnt hookup, thats fishing.

At 4.30pm yesterday we had to request Marine Rescue to make 3 phone calls for us, as we had set up that would be back in by 5.30pm latest.....but we werent giving up on that fish. I have to say a really big thank you to Sydney Marine Rescue, all 3 calls were placed. Awesome guys.

As I finished the call, a boat asked if we could copy them and relay a message to SMR for them they were 5kms east of Heatons and ok. The next we heard of them was at 8pm when we were at the marina, SMR was in contact with them, and concerned, asking if they had enough fuel, and people were worried about them, heard SMR confirm an eta back in of 2200. Just want to check if you guys are on Fishraider, was everything ok?